March 25, 2009

The Atlanta Getaway

What a wonderful trip we had! I drove to Memphis Thursday night, so we could fly out early Friday morning to Atlanta. Everything went off without a hitch! He had one of his Marines that lived in the complex drive us to the airport that morning, and we had plenty of time to wait before boarding. Flight got in early by about 15 minutes. Got to the hotel and there were no 1 bedroom suites available at that time. It was barely 10a, so that was expected. We decided to wait for one, and the front desk manager, Tony, directed us to a restaurant called the Flying Biscuit! YUM!!!! Good, good, good....and good for you too!!! I would have loved to go there again, but we were keeping an eye on the budget.

Our room was amazing! It was huge! Large bedroom with king-size bed. Living room, kitchen with all the accessories, and a balcony to boot!!! Pretty everything we planned to do was in walking distance, so I saw no reason to get a rental car. (Yes, we did utilize every part of the room...including the balcony!)

The first night was our only snafu. We went to dinner and to the movies. We had been drinking alcohol all day. He was drinking Vox and lemonade, and I was drinking Verdi sparkling wine. We each ordered a drink from the bar while we waited for our table. They make their drinks VERY STRONG at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro in Atlanta! By the time we got to the table he was heavily involved in a text conversation. He told me a little earlier that it was one of the Marines regarding something at work. I believed him, but there was still a part of me that was a bit suspicious when it was going on 11p central time and these texts were still coming. My big problem was that, during the meal, he wasn't really talking to me between bites...he was texting!! No, I didn't hold my tongue about it either. I told him at least once that I was annoyed about it, yet nothing really changed. He went to sleep during the movie, which was expected. Unfortunately though, the last thing he did as he fell asleep was texting! Now, I could have taken that moment to look at his temporarily unlocked phone and see what the real story was, but I absolutely refuse to go down that road again!

On the walk home, I was very quiet and he finally asked me why. I told him straight on what my problem was and that I do not ever expect something like that to happen again. Frankly, it was flat out rude to say the least!!!

After that, his phone was a mere afterthought the rest of the weekend...as it should have been. We were completely into each other. We talked, we played games, we watched TV, we watched a movie, we napped midday. It was truly a blissful vacation for us both!

Already has me anxious to do it again!

No comments: