March 3, 2009

Getting back on track

Today was good. It was productive, and I didn't even stress when a setback occurred. UNLIKE yesterday, that is! I gave up on that new bank. I found out my old bank had closed my account. I went there and paid the balance due, and they allowed to reopen an account with them. Unfortunately I still have to wait for the much-needed debit card to come in the mail. But I did submit everything to the new travel host, and that's all they're waiting on.

I thought I could skate by with the old card and just update them with the new one, but they called me today to let me know they tried a preauth and it failed. OMG...just thought about it! Duh!! I can use my other debit card until my new check card comes in!!! I don't know why I didn't think of that!! I can't wait to call first thing in the morning! The good thing was, I didn't even stress about it.

In other news, I had my ultrasound today. They did the test two different ways, and found no fibroids. Yay! She also found no ovarian cysts. Yay! She did say there was 'junk' in my uterine lining, and I told her about the chemical D&C I am in the midst of. Her (the technician's) reply was she hoped it worked so I would have to have an actual one in the operating room. D&C stands for 'dilation & curettage'...which is where they basically scrape your uterine walls squeeky clean. Gonna try to avoid that one! I am starting to think that perhaps it is just hormonal. But I will wait to see if I get a call about abnormal lab results first, before jumping to conclusions. I'm just glad the ball is rolling on this!

And in the back of my mind I am wondering if this had anything to do with my tubes now being tied, and could reversal reverse these effects. Worth a thought...

I have decided after taking my blood pressure several times this evening on my new home monitor, that I can't keep taking chances. I want to be healthy and vibrant for a lot of years to come. Dig these cold hard facts from the Stroke Association's website:

Heart disease and stroke are major health risks for all people. But African Americans are at particularly high risk. Consider this:

  • Blacks have almost twice the risk of first-ever strokes compared to whites.
  • Blacks have higher death rates for stroke compared to whites.
  • The prevalence of high blood pressure in African Americans in the United States is the highest in the world.
  • Among non-Hispanic blacks age 20 and older, 62.9 percent of men and 77.2 percent of women are overweight or obese.
  • In 2001, 27.7 percent of black or African-Americans only, used any tobacco product. Heavy cigarette smoking approximately doubles a person’s risk for stroke when compared to light smokers..
  • Black women have higher prevalence rates of high blood pressure, obesity, physical inactivity, and diabetes than white women.

Woooooow!!! Harsh, a little? Hell yeah! As it should be! Even on this new medicine for 6days now, I still am testing at Stage 1 Hypertension levels...AND getting dizzy at times too!! Excuses are bullshit, I've gotta get moving!! I've got a LOT to do, starting immediately and time is ticking!! I know, I know....I have said it all before. It may take me a minute, but it's finally sinking in now. I PROMISE!!

No comments: