March 10, 2009

Bruzer's Birthday Recap

I decided since it was such a nice day that I would barbecue for the family. I took cupcakes that I bought at Sam's to Bruzer's pre-school on Friday - complete with Batman rings on each. So that was a big hit for him. While I was at Sam's, I ordered a cake for Saturday with Spiderman on it.

I dropped the kids off at Leigh's house- thanks to her for offering - while I did the last minute running around. It enabled me to get the cake plus a few extra items, and then hit WallyWorld for a gift. I got him a Batman Batcopter and the Batman play outfit. Turned out everyone was having such a good time at Leigh's house, including some of her inlaws that had stopped by, I just decided to cook everything at home and bring it over there! The great thing is we live about 3 minutes apart. I mean like, a song on the radio is halfway over by the time I get home. So it wasn't a great big deal to get everything together. Everyone had a great time!

Oh yeah! The other highlight of the day was that - on his 5th birthday - Bruzer lost his first tooth! It had been wiggly for a few days, but I knew that my brother-in-law would be the one to pull it. He's done that for pretty much all the kids, and I definitely wanted Bruzer to have to experience too! He was so proud to show me his little ziploc bag. How fitting that the 'tooth fairy' gave him $5 for that tooth on his 5th birthday! The one next to that one is loose also (front teeth on the bottom), so we'll have to go back down to the standard $1 for every tooth from now on!

Yep, I remember when it used to be a quarter too!

No comments: