March 9, 2009

Strange Weekend

Well, the good news is that Bruzer's B-Day went well. I will expand on that tomorrow though. I'm pretty bummed right now. The BFF came into town this weekend...and surprise, surprise I didn't get to see her at all! I mean she came in Friday and left Saturday so it was a quick trip. She also had her new guy Armando with her too though. Wouldn't it have made sense for the BFF to meet the new beau??? She couldn't even stop by on her way out of town on Saturday.

Granted I let her off the hook on Saturday, but that's how I am. She sounded like she was in a dilemma about stopping off at my house on her back to the Chi, so I just saved her the dilemma by telling her no worries. Actually, it was more like 'I guess we'll just see you when we come up there in a couple of months'...to which she replied she would be back here in a couple of weeks....to which I dryly replied 'Well maybe I'll get to see you then.' I'm learning to be a very slow to anger person, something I am proud of. Until the anger hits! How does she really think I feel knowing that it was more important for her to see a two-year-old than her best friend?!?!?! This little kid wasn't the one she was calling at the crack of dawn most mornings when she needed to talk and no one else would understand. The kid was not the one that suffered in silence with her own issues because she demanded things be all about her for that time being. That was ME! And I would gladly do it again, because that's what friends do!! But am I a priority on the list for 10 minutes even when you come to my 'neck of the woods' to visit? NOPE!

So how am I supposed to feel? Can someone tell me that?

No comments: