March 16, 2009

Misunderstandings

You know, it's amazing how a few words can throw things way out of proportion! I was talking to Dante yesterday about my father and how because of the fact that he pretty much never called me or came to visit me, I was more of a pursuer than one to be pursued. Then he made a comment about since I am not breastfully endowed (my words) or overly blessed in the rear that I would easily be overlooked by most men. He wasn't indicating that I wasn't attractive, but that's just what most men (black men in particular) look for. I tried to point out to him that I have no problem attracting men and never have... not by far. So when I meant pursuing men, I didn't mean the first one to make contact with the guys, I just meant I was calling more than they were calling me. But, it did kind of set in and bug me for a minute that he thought that. Sometimes our minds can really be overboard, can't they??

Then I see the BFF has a status message on Messenger that I know for fact is directed toward a comment I made the other day. But when I ask her about she just basically shuts me down saying she doesn't want to talk about it. SO I try to change the subject, and again I get shut down. Nothing else I can do right? Don't wanna make her more upset before her big interview.
STOP THE PRESSES!
This is what happens when you have a blog. People go back and read something and then you are on the hot seat for it. Most of the blogging I do is therapy-like. On the days when something's bothering me, I get it out then I'm done with it. She got upset at me because she read the blog about the weekend she was here. As I explained to her, perhaps I am the wrong thinker on this. Especially after my computer guy made mention of a similar situation yesterday, and his reply was leaning more so towards what she feels rather than me. So maybe it's me. I can concede to that. She was also bothered that I vented my frustrations about her not being available for me to talk to, because as of the past year it's been about her. My reply was that I will be frustrated, that's just how it is, but that doesn't mean that I'm angry at her or don't understand. I mean, for pete's sake, I've been the talker WAY more than she has! So it would be selfish of me not to understand that, but that doesn't mean I have to like it! :) I mean hey, that's life you know! I made it clear that if I have something I need to talk out, I have other options. Wayne has been invaluable, and I am very good friends with Dante as well so that I don't have a problem talking to him.
I do think we worked it out though. She has his desire that everything be easy and happy, and it's not always like that. But the fact that we can be adults and talk it out is most important to me!

No comments: