March 14, 2009

Useless...Kinda

I feel like I am drifting along aimlessly. Like a dead ship floating in the vast ocean. Things are going horribly at the old job: mandatory 5-hour/week cuts, pay freeze, no 401k matching, no raises. Then to top it all off, they just found out that the company is shutting down the office they are in, so if they want to keep their jobs, they will have to drive to the main building which is a 40 minute from the current office! I am SO THANKFUL I am not faced with that dilemma, on top of the weird schedules they are offering with this new shorter workweek. So very grateful.

But on the other hand, I am just living off the state right now. May as well be a welfare mom at this rate! Yeah, I said it! What? I have 2 more months of unemployment left, then I am on my own. Sink or Float. What am I going to do?

I choose neither!!! Sinking is NOT an option, and floating ain't so grand either! I would rather get this engine roaring and take off full steam ahead!!!!!

As far as the title? I feel I am more of a liability than an asset right now. I mean what am I offering Dante right now but 5 additional mouths to feed? It's not like I have the means to contribute right now, so that burden would all be on him. Who the hell wants to sign up for that?? Really, I am no better right now than a welfare mom that lives to collect a check every month to sit on her Apple Bottom-covered ass! I want to be more. I desire to be more. I AM more. God put this burning desire in my heart, and nothing I do or don't do will quell that desire for my own business! Nothing left to do but pound the pavement.

The shoe company said it best:


JUST DO IT!

No comments: