January 4, 2009

A Great Christmas Break!

Well, this was the first time I can remember in a while of being home with the children during the entire winter break from school. On top of that, I had two extras here with me during the day!! They are all - for the most part- self manageable. They can dress themselves and make their own breakfast and lunches, so all was well. I didn't rag on mine children too much about chores, though they were not excused from doing them either. Once during Starr's week and once during DJ's week, I did the dishes for them. But other than that, everything else was all on them. I told Starr's dad that I want her to have a Nintendo DS for Christmas. DJ got one last year, and this year both the older nieces got one for Christmas. He said he will, but he also said he would get her a bike....and we know who got that for her!!!

Dante left to go back to Memphis earlier today. But not without me sending him off in grand style...thanks to Aunt Flo having packed her bags and left!!! I really would have been sick if he hadn't been able to physically connect that way before he left. It's just important to me, I take my job seriously!! I did the grocery shopping on Saturday, and we loaded it into the truck before he hit the highway. What I was so happy about, was he came over and got undressed and comfortable in the bed, then we watched a movie! Okay, okay...we watched some of the movie! I just didn't expect to get such unhurried time before he hit the road. No complaints!! Plus, I think I showed my gratitude pretty well. (grinning from ear-to-ear)

Tomorrow, school begins again for all the children! Yes, even Bruzer will be going back to his daycare tomorrow. I've been souping him up for it all break. I think he'll do okay, it's not like it's a new school where he has to make new friends or something. One of the main reasons I put him back into full-time schooling is because I need to get my time back so I can make things happen for myself. Noone is going to do it for me, and how attractive am I unemployed exactly??? Yeah, not a good look on me!!

My project for tomorrow is credit report and bill planning. I found this site called annual credit report.com, where you can get a copy of each of the 3 bureaus report for FREE once each year. They will charge extra for that much-coveted credit score, but all the information without the score is free. I need to see what is there, what can be paid within the next month, what I can perhaps strike a deal on. By March or April, I want to see major changes on that report. Getting so many things paid, should get me closer to 600 I am praying. I am also waiting on The Officer to get the number of the financial guy she used for her mortgage, so we can meet and I can get info on how to start the process. I want him to look at my credit reports as the expert, and tell me what need to be done and why (ie, what's the benefit to get to my goal)...and also to help me determine what records I need to keep when it comes time for income verification, since I am self-employed. I don't plan on it being 2010 when I buy a house, so I can't wait til I file 2009 taxes to provide that.

I need to line up my ducks now for when the money comes in that I am expecting, so I can pay things off, pay up rent and utilities, and focus on my client acquisition phase. Don't you worry, it's there right in front of me. I am no longer afraid to go and get it! I am not afraid of the 5br house I will have in the next 5 years, when my family may still be living in much meeker terms. I am not afraid of the Yukon XL Denali I will be driving in the next 2 years. I am not afraid of never being the borrower in my family again, to be the one to lend if necessary. I do not owe anyone aything, and the world owes me nothing! I do not have to self-sabotage myself into a meager existence out of some bass ackwards feeling of indebtedness to people who have never made me feel that way.

Off my soapbox now, my bad! Tuesday I will finish the parts of my business plan that I can complete, and hopefully by the end of the week I can go to the SBDC for help with market research and the like. 2007, I was waiting in the winding line for this ride. 2008, I was slowly making my way up the big hill, inching along in anticipation of what lies ahead. 2009, I am at the top of that hill...and this ride is ready to go forward at full speed ahead! I'm strapped in for mine!


How's your ride going?

No comments: