November 12, 2009

It Was All for Nothing

Guess who got dumped anyway?

Long story short (cliff note style):

I had a hard time with the fact that she basically spent the weekend at his place. So I talked to him and vented it about it Sunday morning before church.
He was coming in town the next evening (my birthday) to attend a veteran's job fair the next day. Supposedly he had decided to move back home, though he really doesn't want to.
All was well, he got me the gift I asked for and a beautiful card.
Kids were in bed, we were getting comfortable for the evening and he was laying on the bed in his boxers. But all I could see was the very prominent hickey on his chest!!!
I pointed in out to him and told him it was very disrepectful to me and that, even though I'm aware of the situation and trying to be okay with, that was like throwing it in my face.
I went to relax my mind by taking a shower...or so I thought.
The next thing I knew I was sobbing uncontrollably for what had to be about 15 minutes. As much as I tried to hold it in that was the last straw. "What did I ever do to deserve this?"
I was hoping this wouldn't be the day that he decided to join me in the shower. I was so wrong.
He didn't come into the bathroom, but I found out when I got back to the bedroom that he was at the door and heard me. I was embarrassed by that.
He was so upset that he had actually begun to cry from hearing me like that. (Mind you, this is the one I have complained about not showing enough emotion)
No Birthday Sex for me. ( Hell yeah, I was still willing! It was my birthday, dammit!! I had a good buzz for it and everything.)
The next morning, after a rough night's sleep for both of us, he told me that he had to step away from me because he didn't want to hurt me like that again.
We talked extensively and I found out that although he had asked/told her a while back (especially after she knew the truth) NOT to put those marks on him, she did this intentionally because she knew he was coming home in a couple of days.
I had decided on my birthday that I was not going to speak ill of her because she was not the enemy and that the fault is Dante's not either one of us. She's just as innocent in this as I am.
I WAS WRONG ABOUT THAT!!
She waited until he was asleep (sleep apnea, does not wake up easily AT ALL) and then did it.
EVIL, MALICIOUS, CHILDISH, CONNIVING B$TCH!
However, her plan worked. We are no longer a couple, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED for her!!
I told him I can't possibly see how he would even want to talk to her, let alone still spend time with her, even if he is only going to be there for another 2 weeks, considering what she has cost him (ie, ME)!
Any other guy that I have talked to agrees, that she is not the type of chick they would continue messing around with.
I don't know if there is anything else for us later on. Honestly, I still think he is gonna stay in Memphis.
I wish him the best, but I know it'll never be the best if it's not me!

2 years of my life being almost fully devoted and giving my all...and this is the reward I get?

No comments: