November 1, 2009

What an Awesome Time I Had!!!

The party Friday night was great! I got to see a lot of people from the old high school days. I was with a group of girls that I knew, Kween was one of them. It was great! You know what? I decided I would not be a wall flower this time, that I was gonna have me some fun. I was NOT gonna just sit at the table and chit chat! Hell, I can do that on the phone!! lol I also decided that I wasn't gonna buy my own drinks either.

I kept my word on both accounts! My old friend Jerome was there, and he took care of me. Got me pretty tipsy off of Amaretto Sours to be quite frank about it! I must admit I started it though. The last time we were in the same social space, he was celebrating his and his girlfriend-at-the-time's birthdays. So I went up to him while he was ordering some chicken wings for Kween and asked him who was his current toy before I started messing with him, because I didn't want to get my car keyed up! We both laughed at that, and he said I was! Funny. Especially since he had it backwards: I wasn't his toy, he was mine!

We danced a few times to both fast and slow songs, and I also danced with his other friend Marvin. Marvin was determined to get me to go to breakfast with him! Yeah....no!! He's a cool as a fan and all, but not my type AT ALL. Plus, he's like best friends and frat with Jerome - that just ain't cool! I did the brothers thing in my youth, that was close enough! lol

As the night progressed on, we kept wandering back toward each other, Jerome and I. We do this every time we see each other. We've always had this love-hate relationship, all the way back to when we 'dated' in junior high school. He was arrogant as hell back then and nothing has changed to this day. I was conceited as hell back then and nothing has changed to this day. Neither one of us could break the other down, we were used to the opposite sex chasing after us. Neither one of us behaved that way, so it was a very unusual pairing. Anyway, back to the present, by the last hour or so, we were almost inseparable. I mean like not with a hot butter knife inseparable. Put it this way: we were told more than once to 'get a room' by one of his boys and by Kween, and I'm sure most in attendance would think we were a couple. Mind you, there was no lip-locking going on at all. But, I was definitely working that Scorpio Magic on him!

Me and the ladies still left at the same time, and Jerome and Marvin walked us out to our cars. Of course I was last to leave, though he would have much preferred me to go home with him! He kept asking, or more like telling me I was. I was good and tipsy too?? In case you don't know, let me give the equation:

Scorpio plus Alcohol = SEX

Most of me was ready to make that roll with him, but my conscience still wouldn't let me do it. I know, I know. He does have another girlfriend in Memphis, and she isn't the first. But two wrongs don't make a right either. I wouldn't do it to get back at him, that's immature. Problem is, he's so much on my mind that I couldn't do it! (granted: I could if I wanted to, I'm sure I'd get over the guilt and regret) Plus, since we are being honest with each other, I would have felt obligated to tell him...and I didn't want to do that! So I walked away. I even sent Dante a text while I was driving home! Aren't I the good girl??

On Halloween, I took the kids to church for the big fall festival. It was really great, there was a huge turnout. Leigh and all my neices came, plus my brother-in-law. They enjoyed themselves also. I worked as a volunteer at one of the games all night. My legs are killing me today because I was basically doing squats for two hours straight! I was also self-conscious because as I was bending down to pick up the little sacks that the kids tossed for candy, I realized that my red string lace thong was showing out of my low rise jeans!!! At church!

Dante went to a party with his friend April (remember the hike?) that night. I told him to send me a pic before he left cause he was dressed as the Undertaker from WWE. Well, I finally got it the next day.
You know I didn't get a 'goodnight punkin' text that night either. Oh well. I know who he was with and I'm glad he had fun. He won the contest too!

Off to bed I go. Still got a lot on my mind. Some things I haven't written about yet, time will tell if it's necessary, and some things need to be written/planned on paper instead. Parent Teacher conferences tomorrow. Hopefully glowing reviews all around is what I'm going for!!

No comments: