June 13, 2009

Back to Work

Well, I passed my certification, so I am officially on the phones now! WooHoo!! My first day taking calls was today...not-so-great. My talk time was extremely high, which made me feel like a failure. I will continue to work on that. Classes are going okay so far. Finishing up training put my schoolwork on the back burner a bit. I should be ok though, gotta stay dedicated.

My Sweetie made it into town Thursday! It's his 20year high school reunion this weekend, so that was the main reason he was here. He also found out yesterday that he didn't get promoted like he had hoped, so he will be getting out of the USMC in a few months. I really felt for him and I wish I could have done more to cheer him up. We've been mainly just enjoying each other's company, it's really great.

He did a very awesome thing tonight, which was take my four brats plus his neice and nephew to Dave & Buster's to eat and play! Told me he was giving me a break! Yes, I know!!!! SO SWEET! He will definitely be rewarded for that! (wink)

He out doing more reunion stuff now. I kinda felt weird that he didn't think to invite me to anything. I mean, if it was me, I would definitely invite the person that I am with. Maybe that's just me though. Perhaps he just didn't really think about it. You know I am slightly paranoid about our level of visibility as a couple (in his world at least). As a matter of fact, not too long ago we had a conversation that he felt lonely at the banquet because everyone else was there with spouses and SOs and he was there by himself. Then he said he would have asked but he knows how it is with me and babysitting! I assured him that he is a priority to me, this was a very important event, and I for damn sure would have found a babysitter! I made a gently firm request to never assume anything like that again.

I think we're clear now.

No comments: