June 8, 2009

Great and Informative Article

Why am referencing this article about renters in foreclosure, you ask? Well according to documents I have come across over the last few months, I am one of them!!


The first set of foreclosure docs were sent in three different envelopes, and two of them were never sealed. Yep, I sure did! I Looked!! Boy was I surprised at what I saw! My home was in foreclosure!!! Then, just this weekend, I came across another set of docs from some place with The Judicial Sales Corporation as the return address. Well after googling them and finding their website, I knew I had to open one of the copies of mail!


Once again, shocked and awed to find out that this property will be sold on July 1 in the lobby of my local courthouse! Do you think my landlords have said a word? Do you think they have said anything about the fact that the rent I've paid recently has not gone to secure a roof over my family's head? Nope! Nada!

Oh, and the landlords never changed certain items addresses from my unit in the duplex (their former residence), that's how I get access to these things. Otherwise, I would have been dangerously in the dark until I got a notice to vacate on my darn door!


So as it stands, I will be going to the courthouse on July 1 to find out who my new landlord may be! At least thanks to that article, I know I have at least 90days to find a new place to live!


No worries though! You know me: A setback is just a setup for a comeback! Just like I cat I am, I ALWAYS (with God's help of course) land on my feet! And as Les Brown would say: "If you have to fall, try to land on your back. For as long as you can LOOK UP, you can GET UP!"


Amen to that!

No comments: