June 3, 2009

People are Strange Sometimes

So my nieces didn't show up yesterday morning. I didn't remember the Officer saying she was off. I talked to her that evening, and what she told me really threw me for a loop.
She told that she was taking her daughter to grandmother's house while she was working, until Leigh is out for the summer. Then they will stay with her. Until my Dante helped me see it as a positive thing, I will admit the sensitive side was slightly offended. I mean, my grandmother is 88 years old. All they're gonna do is sit in the house all day. There will be no going outside, that's not even a question. Then, Leigh just had a baby not too long ago, and is in the process of having her kitchen redone. PLUS, let's not forget she watched them all last summer too!

I know the Officer said something the other day about being broke. Perhaps because they are in such a habit of paying me (or because she knows I am not going to a j.o.b. everyday), they think I am in NEED of the money they pay me. I am not. I have told them several times before that the money wasn't necessary, and I never ask them for it. So my only guess is that she thinks I would have a hard time with them being here without paying me.

But nonetheless, my Dante set me straight. He just told me to look at it as a positive thing. Let them work out whatever details for themselves. Cool with me!

No comments: