June 20, 2009

Trying to Be Better

I have so much going on in my head right now. I'm a little better than I was the other day, but not much. Unfortunately, we had a conversation about 'most men' thinking a woman with four kids is "damaged goods". Of course he assured me that he doesn't think that way, but most of the men he's talked to wouldn't even give a woman with 4 kids the time of day. I assured him that I have no problem getting the time of day in the past or the present! Honestly, my hang up was more to do with the stigma I put on my own self, not anything someone else has said. I have never been rejected due to the amount of children I have.

I know that his intention was not to date a woman with children, as my intention was not to date a man that didn't have any. But, I feel like we are so good for each other that apparently we would've BOTH missed out had we held onto that belief!

In other news, I am torn on the workfront. There are now other opps coming up that I can possibly train for (if selected), but I don't know if I want to tie up so much of my time that way. If I have two opps, plus school, plus household, plus church responsibilities...then when would I have time for my business??? I have an opportunity to make more money with my business most definitely, so I know I should concentrate on that. So I'm trying to focus on that, and breaking down this fear factor I still have.

Plus, let's not forget that the possible sale date for this place is coming in less than two weeks. So that's a big peice of anxiety for me right now. I mean thankfully, because of the bill the prez passed, I wouldn't be forced to leave (if at all) until October at the earliest. That gives me some relief.

I'm just in a place of anxiety and discomfort right now, and I have to change what I can and accept what I can't. Right?

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6


AMEN

No comments: