October 12, 2006

We must Rebuild!

My credit, that is. Yeah, it's waaaaay down there. I'm not ashamed to admit it. It is probably something that we should be talking about anyway, but don't. I hope to start teaching my kids alot about money. Savings, credit, buying vs. renting, credit cards and student loans, the whole bit. All the things I never learned growing up...'til now I mean.

So today I got a micro-mini loan that will get reported to the credit bureau. I didn't get it for the money, so I only got $100. But it's a five month loan, so I'll pay it for three months, then on the fourth month I'll pay it off and open a larger one. It's a little more in interest than a bank would charge, but I have to start at the bottom. I filed bankruptcy a few years back, but I still wasn't in a financial position to be any better off after the bankruptcy. I hope to have gained at least a 100 points by this time next year. I am VERY excited about this big step! I'm now taking charge of my financial future. My independent financial future.

I already have an appointment to get another loan next week for a little larger amount. I know, I know. Rome wasn't built in a day...but it did take more than one person! Yeah, I really do need that much help! Who knows, by the spring I may be able to get a gas card!

No comments: