October 22, 2006

The Weekend Review

This weekend I decided -somewhere along the way- that we would stay in all weekend. So we did. I got a few things done. Laundry is not an accomplishment for me. Not because I love doing it or anything like that. Laundry in my world is like bathing. It has to be done, or things will get nasty really quickly! Seriously, I can't go more than two days without at least one load getting washed and dried. Wait until the weekend? Totally not possible in my house! The dirty clothes in my house are like Gremlins, except they multiply by just being piled together -- no water necessary!!!

I cut my youngest son's hair on Sunday afternoon. While his hair is not bad, it's not the best either, and will tend to curl up into little "beads" if left uncut for over a week. I also washed, conditioned and blow-dried my oldest daughter's hair. Once I put my hands in her head that pretty much washes out ANY chance of me doing my own. I still have to comb hers into a style in the morning, and then I'll flat iron it straight tomorrow evening. I know, it seems weird to some flat-ironing an (almost) 8-year-olds hair. I do that as opposed to the immense heat of the pressing comb, since she has this funny kind of hair that will start to frizz back up in a few days anyway. It's SO thick! That's what makes me not want to bother with my own after that "ordeal". Thus leading back to me taking time for me, as discussed in a previous thread.

I think I will go wash my hair tonight in the shower. Then I'll clip my ends and slick it into a ponytail with lots of conditioner, and put my new phony pony on that I bought on Friday. That look should get me through until Tuesday when I can relax it. It's a slow process, but investing more time in myself if well worth it in the long run. For me AND for my kids.

Weekend movie review: The Notebook. Totally summed up in these words: OH MY GOD!!!!! It reminded me of me and The One. Or at least how we'd be in 'movieland'. In real life I sent him a text message to be this evening or else. He responds saying he'll be here about 730p, but as of 11p still hasn't shown up yet. So, cold shoulder for him this week. He needs to get back into "pursuit mode". He knows he has my heart, so that tends to make him a little complacent. Take note ladies: You don't chase them, THEY CHASE YOU. Any other way, and you are in for heartache. So, it'll be different this time, for both of our benefits. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: