November 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

OH WHAT A NIGHT!!!!

I had a GREAT day yesterday for my birthday! I picked my bff up at the airport at 9a. We stopped at Schnuck's to get a few items since she was in the mood to cook breakfast. She had a phone interview with Monsanto while we were on our way to her friend's house (where she stays when she's here). We stayed over there a few hours. Part of the time while she was cooking, I was wasting my life away trying to get a complete moron to change my Sprint plan. After 45minutes of my life had passed, I hung up and got another agent who changed it to the way I asked and then we moved on to something else.

Can't Get Right/The One had left a voicemail while I was talking to Sprint Customer Service. No, I didn't ignore his call. Sprint somehow disables your call waiting when you call their customer service (*2) number! How nice of them! Cause you know, this 10 minutes I was on hold just to talk to you is nothing compared to the minute or two (tops) that you may have to hold while I take what could be a very important call!

Anywho - back to the story. Turns out, Mr. Man had taken the morning off and wanted to spend some time with me. But, of course, by the time I called him back he was headed in the work! Of course! No big deal, I wasn't that broken up about it. When you don't have something, it's hard to miss it right? I don't miss my GMC Yukon XL Denali....cause I don't have one! See how that works? Same with him, I can't miss spending time with someone that I never spend time with.

After we left there, I stopped up at my job and introduced my bff to a few of my coworkers. Then we headed to see Tyler Perry's (best film yet!) Why Did I Get Married? at the movie theatre. OMG!!! We laughed, we cursed, we cried, we got mad, and we got glad! That movie was awesome and I am SO GLAD I got to see it with my bestest friend! It was very good, we could both relate to it...and neither of us had been to the show in so long! She even got to meet Dante, since he stopped up there and gave me a card (and a few good kisses). She said she liked him and wanted him to come to dinner with us today. So that was cool. This little sneak even left a card at work for me! Kween sent me a text message to come to work, so I went right after the movie thinking something was wrong. She just wanted me to see the card he brought up there.
I know......awwwww, what a sweetie! He is good at what he does!

We stopped by the house for a little bit to recoup, then picked up the kids. I fed them dinner and then we went to Dominique's game. I was very excited that for the first time ever, she has been at an event of her godson's! With her living out of town, it was just never really possible before. Then we went to the Officer's house for cheesecake for my birthday. We decided on cheesecake instead of cake and ice cream due to Starr's birthday last week and Champagne's birthday the day after mine. We had a good time and she got a little bit to eat as well. I had one bite of cheesecake (not a huge fan) and fed the rest to the WonderTwins. I noticed my bff was getting tired so we were wrapping up for the evening. So Dante calls and wants to know if we wanna go to a party. I told him sure but I knew my bff wouldn't want to, since it's already past her bedtime and she'd been up since 4a to fly here.

So, with a knot in my stomach, I asked Leigh if the kids could stay over. She said she didn't mind. That was HUGE for me to do! I don't have a life as it is, because it's hard asking people to babysit FOUR children, while I go out and do whatever. But I thought, 'hey, it's my birthday dangit, and I wanna do something'! Leigh said yes and I took BFF to her friends' house in St. Louis, then dropped off the kids at Leighs. I thanked her again and headed down to meet Dante at a little hole in the wall in the city.

We didn't stay there long. He was still reeling from seeing me earlier that day. I had my hair down finally (first time he's seen it), some well-fitting jeans, and my grey contacts. It was the first time he's really seen me prettied-up in person! And he LOVED IT! So when he asked who had the kids and I told him they were at my sister's house, he perked right up. This is what he said:

"So you got the house to yourself?" [I replied that I did] "Well, let's go. I'm following you!"

It was an absolutely awesome day with the bff...and the night/morning with my Soldier Boy was phenomenal! There was some sleeping...but not a lot. We had music, candles, burning oil, and two Scorpios with enough passion to light a city! It was SO GOOD! A birthday night well spent...and noone I would have rather been with!

34 is off to an AWESOME START!

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Happy birthday, just a wee bit late. Hope this next year hits the spot.