November 15, 2007

The Week in Review

WOW! What a week!

Work was work. Got an HR email about a midnight homeworker position...that I don't qualify for since I am still on written for attendance! Oh well...not for me at this time is the way I look at it. But, I believe there will be another position coming soon, if I am to stay at that job. It's funny listening to some of the people in there talking about how they couldn't work at home because they need the socialization. Mind youm these people either have no children or their children are grown with lives of their own. There are so many things I would love to do, if I could work overnight while my children are sleeping. I could work HSN during the afternoons when I wake up, and then in the evenings...or on my off days from CWT. I could do data entry on my laptop while working CWT, and when it was slow. AND, I would be able to pick my kids up from school. AND, I would be able to pick my nieces up, therefore saving my sisters on latchkey costs. AND, I wouldn't have to worry about missing work of one the WonderTwins had a fever and couldn't go to work the next day. AND, I could take them to any functions they needed to go to in the time between school dismissal and when I would usually pick them up.

Needlesstosay, I am really hopeful about this one. I let my manager know that I was VERY interested in a midnight homeworker position. If all continues as it is going, I should off my written attendance warning by December 15. I have a couple things from last year this time falling off by then. Once that happens, I am free to move about the company!

The most memorable thing that happened to me this week was (drumroll).......

GETTING MY EBAY ACCOUNT HACKED AND HAVING SOME ASSHOLE IN INDONESIA BUY OVER $2000 IN CELL PHONES...THEN PAY FOR AT LEAST ONE OF THEM THRU MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!!

Yeah.....good times, good times.

Please. Don't start the "that's why I don't shop online" sanctimonious bullcrap! Yeah, I've heard it a couple of times this week and it is quite annoying. Especially when I know that my bff wasn't shopping online but paying at a major hotel chain when her credit card info was stolen and used to buy several hundred dollars worth of groceries in Mexico!! Criminals will find a way to make things happen, whether it is online or offline!

Paypal rectified the situation very quickly, as did ebay. I contacted the sellers of all these $400-$600 cell phones and explained the situation. Most responded by filing a dispute, which gets their listing fees waived so they can relist at no additional cost. I had one seller that was being a moron saying they had already received payment. So I replied that no payment was coming or will come from my paypal account and that I am sure there will be a dispute from whoever's paypal account he hacked into, but that it was up to them if they wanted to take the chance and send the item. I notified my bank immediately, and now I just have to have them waive a NSF fee, then life is good.

What's ironic is that I haven't really been shopping on ebay because of my finances. I have had that account for about 5 years and nothing like that has ever happened. But because I let my guard down, and wasn't active or watching over it, I get burned. So, lesson learned, and I am back on top of it.

I have been talking to Dante this week. We text alot, which is uber-convenient. Some say it's impersonal and whatever, but when I am working I can't very well talk on the phone. But, I can text!!! I felt better about it, all the melancholy feelings that I had last weekend after he left. I can't wait til he gets here this weekend for his birthday. I have a few tricks up my sleeve for him! I want to make his birthday as memorable as he made mine!

He is still so sweet and thankful about what happened on Saturday. I really didn't think it was a big deal, but it really meant a lot to him that I stayed. Seriously, I just couldn't see it any other way.

I will let you know how the weekend goes.

No comments: