November 10, 2007

Just need to vent

Mood: Frustrated!!!



So as you know, my bff came into town this weekend for my birthday. I was just saying how it was so nice that we got to spend the whole day together yesterday. We hung out from when I picked her up from the airport that morning to about 930 that night. Usually when she comes to St. Louis to visit, she spends the entire time with the couple (her very good friends) that she stays with while here. I may get a few hours on the day she gets here or I may get a little bit of time and take her to the airport as she is leaving. Which I am a little envious sure. I'm the bff and they get the majority of the time when she is here. But I have never said anything, because at least they went to visit her in Chicago. It's been since DJ was a baby that I did that. Granted, they also had either no kids or one little baby at the time as well.


But anyway, silly me to have thought this may be like my weekend or something. As usual, something happens with one of them that changes everything. Well now we find out...the DAY OF DINNER....that he has to be at work at 6p. The place is a little ways out so with reservations at 430p (sharp), I would need to leave at about 330p. That frustrated me because then I've got to start scrambling to get things together. Dante won't be able to make it anymore cause he is at a game til 5P in ESL. I told him no worries. I haven't been able to reach the Kween so the girls can babysit. I just sprung the kids on Leigh last night for my birthday, so I don't want to do that again. Unfortunately I vented to my bff and now she is upset, whereas I am starting to feel better.

I am just being a brat, so don't mind me! Damnit!! It's MY best friend and it's MY birthday dinner!! They weren't even going to be invited until we found out it was his birthday too (same as mine)!!!



(solo-mommy breathes deeply) Relax, Relate, Release!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strange...BFF's birthday just passed...did bff get a card in the mail or even a e card that cost nothing!!!! NO!!! Also in bff's defense 'the couple' who houses the bff while she is there and has even allowed the bff to use their car and has driven out to solo mommy's house so that the bff can see solo mommy. Wow what a sacrafice. Solo mommy forgot to mention that "the couple's" husband had to go to work earlier than he thought-and that is why dinner was moved up AND he was his family's only breadwinner at the time. Solo Mommy, other than hanging out with Leigh and the Officer (oooh) what other steps have YOU taken to make plans to be with the BFF while she is in YOUR town? Just think about that. And as for the Birthday...did not the BFF come back in town, from being there 2 weeks before, just for your birthday, cooked breakfast, waited while you were a half hour late from picking her up-when the couple offered too, having been on the road and not home except on the weekends...didn't she sacrafice her weekend at home (and she loves to be in her home and kitchen) for your birthday? But yet in your Skyscraper blog, your family and bff were mentioned last. Just something to think about.