November 11, 2007

The Rest of the Weekend

Saturday night turned out to be a fiasco. My bff and I weren't on the best of terms. The way things turned out, I didn't get to go to dinner. By the time I got babysitting all situated and was on my way from home, they were done eating and the chocolate souffle was to be ready in 17min. It was going to take me 40 minutes to get there. So, here I was frustrated and highly disappointed, and all dressed up with nowehere to go.

I called the Kween to vent, she told me to call Dante and see when the game was over and if he had plans afterwards. East Saint Louis Senior High was playing for the shot to go to state championships...and they won!!! Go us!!! Kween said if I didn't get a hold of him or if he already had something else planned, she was gonna put on some clothes and we were gonna go somewhere! Which was very sweet cause I was near tears and so disappointed by all that had happened, and because she is not the 'going out' type but willing to do it for me.

So I met him in the parking lot and then followed him to the Ahmes Temple (lot of older folks' hangout), where he was to meet with his old classmates and some of his family. Well we got in there and got a table, his cousin ordered us drinks. (I only had cranberry juice due to my very first -and prayerfully very last- UTI) I noticed his talking was rather slurred which concerned me, cause I didn't want him out there drunk driving. So we were talking and he laid his head on my shoulder and it started getting heavier. And heavier. And heavier. His cousin woke him up once and he talked for a few minutes, but his eyes were very heavy. The next time we got close and he laid his head against mine, he was out like a light!!! So I woke him up and told him to come outside with me, thinking the fresh air would wake him up. It didn't. We got into his truck and he started it since it was chilly out. He got comfortable and within a few seconds was out again.

That's what I wanted, which is why we went out there. I didn't want him sleep in the place. So, here I am thinking I would listen to some music and let him nap for about an hour. Then we could go back in and enjoy ourselves.

Yeah....um....not. How about 2 and a half hours later, I FINALLY got him to wake up!! The combination of alcohol and a lack of sleep from the night before was too much for him, and he literally passed out. There was nothing I could do to wake him. His phone was clipped to his pants and vibrating, and that did nothing. I was shaking him and talking to him...nothing. At one point he went to stretch and began gunning the engine, since his foot was on the gas. I had to literally lift his left off the pedal! (I told him about that later and he was very freaked out)

I know, I know. You're thinking I'm a nut for staying out there with him while he was sleeping, and you probably would have left. You know that thought crossed my mind but, being the fiercely loyal and very protective Scorpio that I am, I just couldn't do it. What if something happened? I would never have forgiven myself. EVER. I just had to watch over him and make sure he was okay, he needed me.

When he finally woke completely up, realized how much time had passed, and realized that I stayed with him the whole time, he was amazed! If he didn't thank me 50 times, he didn't thank me once. He was truly shocked, and grateful, and appreciative for what I had done. It was no big deal. So, we went to Ruby Tuesday's to eat (I hadn't eaten since JITB earlier). Can you believe, I was one of those couples that sat on the same side of the booth?? And yes we smooched most of the time too! I loved it!

So, I went to Sam's and got Champagne's cake. My bff and I talked and kind of made amends for the day before. We learned some things about what the other person was thinking. I told her I felt slighted alot of the times because she is always doing something with the couple when she's here. And then strangely she felt like I was more focused on texting and talking to Dante, which was infringing on our time together. I say strangley because honestly, he and I didn't text but a couple of times throughout the entire day (it was less than 15 messages received and sent, I counted), and we talked once when he came up to the movie theatre. But hey we both acknowledged that we were being a little bratty I guess. I also did my weekly trip to Aldi to get groceries to make dinner for the week. I can easily feed all of us for a week with a few staple products and about $25. Once again everyone, a round of applause for the amazing feats of Solo-Mommy!!!!

Dante ended up coming over when everone was there so he got to meet the whole crew. I apologized later, just in case he was freaked out by that at all, but he said he it was fine. I am sad that he is leaving in the morning. So now I have to get my feelings back in check, cause I was really starting to dig him. Back to reality! He gave the birthday girl 5 $1 bills, which was so sweet. She was happy cause she got her birthday card from Grammy. I will try to have a Wordless Wednesday and post all the pics but, no guarantees k?

So, all in all, it was an up and down weekend. I went through the gamut of emotions and had some very interesting experiences. I have to say everything turned out as it should have so, no regrets I suppose.

I still say 34 is off to a great start!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I have to vent because I am SO upset...but what a FUCKIN eye opener...I have a thankless job. While you were so disappointed with me, where do you say anything about my flying in for your B-Day, taking you to the movie, planning a dinner that in anycase you would have been late for, because of the babysitting situation. WHEN HAS THAT EVER BEEN EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT FOR ME!!!! How long have you known me and it wasn't until this year that you thought.."If I can go to MEMPHIS, I can surely come to Chicago...but with the kids, not just me and you RIGHT!!! Wow, what an eye opener, thanks for the written insight.