December 27, 2007

Guess who is sick again?

Yes, don't be jealous. It is I! My annual bout of sickness has come upon me. Let's see. It started with the severe body aches and chills last Thursday and Friday. It lightened up over the weekend, though left me completely void of energy. Monday I lounged, since I had a relapse. Christmas Day I worked for four hours, from noon to 4p. All was normal until...

Last night at about 9p when anything I had left in my stomach decided it wanted out...and fast! I slept on the couch and at 330a and 5a, I was up over the porcelain bowl dry heaving since there was nothing left in there to throw up. I debated going to work today. But since I am trying to keep my occurrences down to a minimum, I went ahead and got up. I got there about 15 minutes late and pretty much slept all day. I drank water this morning, and within an hour that was coming back up. I ate some mandarin oranges about 1p.
I was able to keep them down!! WooHoo!!
When I got home, I was actually starting to feel hungry, so I crunched on some dry cereal.
Still doing good.
Time to move up to chicken broth. I have finished a half teacup at the time of this writing, and all is still well!
At this rate, I may actually want to eat real food by tomorrow!!

So, backtrack to Christmas. It was a splendid day. I was so overwhelmingly blessed, I just could never be thankful enough. My prayer is that I can pay it forward like that to others in the near future. They got things they really wanted and totally loved. The things from work, as well as the things my Punkin brought were just absolutely a godsend. I even felt froggy enough to put up my little tree overnight, to make it even more special for them in the morning.

So that I wouldn't hear anything from anyone, I made sure my kids were dressed and well. I combed the girls' hair, and I cut Bruzer's hair. DJ is gone with his dad for a couple of weeks during school break. They looked ever so cute in the clothes they wore as well. Especially Starr, in her black turleneck, black leather (yes, leather) skirt, and long denim duster. She was too cute, and yes of course I am biased.

My sweetie came up there to my job on Christmas and brought his cute little shadow with him, his neice. I bought him a digital camera, and he was very pleased about that. He thanked me again the next day for it. She is a little doll too, the spitting image of her mother and her grandmother. I was glad I got to see him before he headed back to Memphis. We are already looking forward to my next trip down there.

So this also begins a time to reflect back on the past year and make plans for the fuure. We'll discuss that in another post...it's close to bedtime!

No comments: