December 17, 2007

The Weekend in Review

Large, dreamy sigh!

Okay, here we go. After all the running and things on Friday, we still didn't hit the highway til about 7p. Got right outside of Arnold - on 55South - and ran into a 4-lane clogging accident! We moved about 2 miles in about an hour! From the vehicles we saw (fire trucks, state police cars, and a few ambulances) we guessed it must have been pretty serious. However, when the traffic finally opened up, we saw absolutely nothing to make us even think there had been an accident!

We got to Kween's father's house at about 1230a. Their phone was not working properly and she didn't have the cell phone number, so we - correction I - just had to knock until someone answered. Thank goodness they answered, cause Dante didn't! He obviously fell asleep, cause I called a gajillion times to no avail. It was almost becoming comical, except for the fact that it was going on 130a...and these people needed to get back to bed! So I looked on Kween's phone internet and got directions from one house to the the next. But, OMG, her stepmother Jackie got in her car and drove me all the way to the apartment complex! Just in time for Dante to call, of course! He is so sweet! Just twenty million apologies, but I knew what happened to him. It was late after all. We were the only idots driving around at that time of night! Normal people were home in bed!

So both his plan and my plan for Friday night was scratched. He wanted to take me to some club and get some drinks and dance a bit. Well, after a certain hour I knew that wasn't gonna happen, so I went back to my original idea. I brought my silver trenchcoat and a pair of black boots.

You are correct. That was ALL I was gonna wear as I greeted him at his door! Another time perhaps...

Anyway, after a good long hug and kiss (okay, several kisses), he ran me a bath and told me to go relax. It was so hot, I sweated my hair out! But it felt so good! I don't take baths at home you see. I don't really have the time. By the time I do have the time, I would never get clean, cause I would fall asleep in the tub!! So, I am basically a shower girl. Single mom, 4 kids. Seriously, what did you expect?

Back to the topic. I got out of the tub, dried off, then was instructed to lay on the bed. I got a complete rubdown with lavender baby oil gel, then a mini-massage with this three-pronged handheld thingy that came in really handy a day later! And then....

Puh-leeze, you know what happened next! You know what happened several more times that weekend! So, fast forward to the morning. Okay, fast forward a little more to when we actually got out of the bed! We got up and threw on some clothes then headed to the grocery store so I could shop for breakfast. I made some oven-baked french toast with a brown sugar glaze. I garnished with toasted slivered almonds and bananas cut on the bias, then served with some turkey bacon I pan-fried (til crisp of course, that's the secret). He absolutely loved it! Dante's not really big on fried eggs. That's something he and Starr have in common actually, she doesn't even like them with cheese anymore. But both of them can eat them boiled, just not scrambled and fried. He made tequila sunrise drinks to go with breakfast, and the spoiling began!

One thing to know about me is I find joy in serving. My children and my man, that is...not just anybody! He finished his food before me, and I asked if he wanted seconds. So, I sat my unfinished plate down and went to make him another plate. He tried to protest, but I shut him down. So from that point on, I took care of everything I could. I washed the dishes, did any cooking or serving of foods, and kept the tequila sunrises flowing until I left! He loved it, which I am glad. It would suck to live totally by myself. So I really think he enjoyed me being there to do that for him.

We went to see I Am Legend on Saturday, and went to an Italian restaurant to eat afterwards. I told him to pick someplace he has wanted to go, and so he did. I found out he is weak over lasagna. And that Talayna's in St. Louis has the best lasagna to him. The movie, by the way, was very awesome...one of Will Smith's top performances.

The rest of the weekend was spent lounging around the apartment, just watching movies and being in each other's presence. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I fell asleep several times on the couch, which pleased him. He said it was nice to see me so relaxed, which I truly was. Me? Take a nap at home? With the kids here? You wanna talk about hypertension, let me try to take a nap during the day, and my blood pressure is going up!

Oh, and lest I forget Saturday night. Got reacquainted with my friend, Tequila Blanco! Our love-hate relationship is still intact after all these years. I drank about 5 shots in a row, not to forget I had a cocktail at dinner, and had been sipping on tequila sunrises all day. Let me be frank with you on my condition: I got drunk off my ass! Do you hear me? Completely F-cked Up! And you know what? It felt goooooood! Yep, I said it! It's not like it's anything that will be happening again in the remotely near future, but dammit I had fun! Even when the barf-fest began and I had to clean up the wall in the bathroom, and wash the rugs that were on the floor. I had fun! I passed out on the bed, and the next thing I know it was 4am...and someone was "rolling me over"!

Remember that slow leak I told you about? Yeah well, by Sunday, it was flat. Of course this was the exact moment I was ready to leave that I noticed this. We went up to Auto Zone and got Fix-A-Flat, which has NEVER worked for me by the way. Okay, now we've got to change to the spare, which I was really trying to avoid. (Note to self: find your damn hydraulic jack! What use is it if it's not in the van when you need it?) Well, by we, I mean he did most of the work! But, it was a team effort! You know I can't do the damsel-in-distress thing that well! So Kween and I made it home on cruise control at 70mph. There were a lot of other vehicles passing me, including the big rigs! That burns me up, but we made it home safely...and that's what matters. She was off today, so I was at work worn out! But I made it!

So, am I on cloud nine after this weekend? Emphatically yes!
Have I fallen head over heels in love with him, and have visions of us living happily ever after? Have you even been paying attention to my blog...or is this your first post? Okay fine, well if it is then let me break it down for you. I am nuts about this man, absolutely bonkers. He is me...so how could I not absolutely adore him? We are so much alike in so many of the same ways, and we know each other's personality types, which is a good thing.

BUT!!

See the dramatics there? I couldn't help it! We are what we are, and I refuse to let my emotions get in the midst of anything and ruin it. What are we? I don't know actually. I don't think we expected to dig each other like this upon our first meeting, so we are both just trying to enjoy it. Yet, we are both aware that this is likely not a relationship that could last in the long run. Why? He just got out of a long marriage, he needs to come into his own right now and enjoy his "singleness". He keeps telling me about wanting to finish school before he retires, and that it will take up a lot of his time. He still wants to have children and experience the whole process of diapers and all the good stuff that goes along with child-rearing from day one! Medically, I am done with that. Though that is not to say I wouldn't do it again for the right reason. (Did I tell you how AWESOME pregnancy was for me?) I still got the tools, they just need to be repaired. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have made that decision so hastily but, such as life, I did what I thought was best at the time. Plus, it would have been nice to have the anxious and excited dad-to-be rubbing my belly at night and talking to the baby throughout the day. With four pregnancies, nope, never got that. Yeah, I know...sucks to be me.
And let's not forget my condition. I think he would be like New Guy, just not able to be completely comfortable with it for the long term. I just hate that society has put such a horrible stigma on this thing, that people fear it like it's a death sentence! It is what it is, that's all I can say. Okay, also I can say this: If you're reading this and you have ever had a cold sore, you have what I have just in a different part of your body. But essentially the same virus. Now what makes yours less worse than mine? Socially accepted thought patterns, that's what.

All that to say, as far as our relationship, I am doing everything in my mortal power to avoid the L-word like the plague. You know how quick I am to fall, and I don't wanna freak him out or anything, so I keep it under control. Honestly, I am pretty proud of me...I really am changing!


But, for the record...casual dating sucks!

No comments: