December 12, 2007

Close Call!

So, THE WEEKEND is coming up in a couple of days!! I am so excited, but at the same time have been apprehensive...waiting for the hammer to fall. Everytime I really plan something for me, something happens and the plans get ruined. Take my birthday weekend for instance! Need a reminder? Find it here.



Well, something almost happened. Almost. I was talking to my sister Leigh and asking her what kind of ingredients she wanted me to buy for the kids (they'll be making cookies at her house). She told me she would get it to me next week. That's when I reminded her it was this weekend. The look of confusion on her face was only trumped by the look of cool panic on mine. She was under the impression it was next weekend, not in 2 days! She says I told her the 21st, not the 14th. But I don't remember giving her a date. I remembered saying 2 weeks before Christmas. Then she proceeds to tell me that she will have our other sisters' children on Saturday. So, after a few moments of tension, she states that she will still do it.



WHEW!!!!!!



But, what that has made me think is that -as much as I want to see him as much as possible - I don't want to have to ask my sisters to watch my kids for a weekend again. I have that Delta ticket that expires at the end of March, and we were planning a trip in March. But unless my mom is willing to come up here and watch the kids...I just can't see it happening!

Yes, it does suck. Honestly, since I have had 4 children, I have NEVER gone on an overnight trip or a weekened getaway with anyone. Wasn't even a consideration, cause I already knew the outcome. But, for him, I decided to try. It's just too much mental stress on me. Now I am feeling guilty, knowing that my children will indeed be an inconvenience to someone else - that thing I loathe the most. Nevertheless, the plan is to go all out and completely enjoy myself, knowing the likelihood of a repeat anytime soon ain't lookin' so hot!

We are such homebodies, it really sucks at times like these. My middle sister? I would the thought would NEVER cross her mind to go anywhere without her kids. If she won an all-expence paid trip to Hawaii for two, she surely couldn't go. How could she not go without her girls??? I feel so bad for her sometimes. I told Kween the other day, I could see Anne dating again before I could see my sister! That's not a news flash, unless you recall that Ann's husband lost his battle with cancer earlier this year. Yeah, that about sums it up huh?

And, happily or not so happily, Leigh has been married since 1995, so she doesn't have to date...she's already there! She can't necessarily understand my position either. I couldn't even see her and her husband taking a much needed getaway, becuase they wouldn't be able to take the girls! Does that make me a bad mommy, cause I want some experiences for myself!?

Fine then, if it does...cause I still do!!

No comments: