December 5, 2007

Been Thinking

Yes, I know....scary, right? Well, I have had a LOT on my mind lately. Been all over the place as a matter of fact. But, first things first. Dante and I are still doing very well, greatly enjoying each other. We talk pretty much every day, or email, or text, or all of the above! I still don't feel like there's anyone else, and I hope I have made it clear that I want him to tell me when there is.

I really don't know what will happen at that point honestly. I am too old to be sharing, but can I really go back to just being his friend? It wouldn't be easy, that's for sure. But, it's not like we were not completely up front that that day would come eventually. However, we didn't expect to hit it off this well in person either, and have so much in common. Taste in movies, taste in music, exceptionally warped sense of humor even!! But, we are what we are...and unless he changes his mind about wanting to have kids of his own....we can be no more than we are now.

However, we are completely infatuated with each other...and it feels great!!



In other news, I have made the decision that I will work from home by end of the school year. My goals are to get my computers up to speed - laptop and desktop (which I *ahem* fried the other day). Okay I don't think it's really bad, I tried to put my memory upgrades in correctly this time, and I believe it was too much for my power supply unit. I also got advice on a tech support forum that told me that. So, I have to buy a new one first to see what happens. Hopefully my computer boots up...otherwise I may have done unseen damage to my motherboard. That would suck!


So, I am in the process of doing online classes through my job to brush up on my international skills. It has a dual purpose of course. If I am able to work the overnight position from home, great I will need it. Otherwise, I need to learn for myself for StarrDom Travel. It's just quick little courses, maybe an hour long or so, but packed with a lot of info! From this point on, everything I do will have some consequence to get me towards my goal professionally.

I am already thinking about what a failure this year was in that respect. One more year gone that I wasn't taking charge of my life. I was someone's charity case all damn year it seems like. Poor girl with the four kids all alone. Blah, blah, blah. I am not a victim! I will not be a victim! My kids deserve to see better from me.


And okay I will go ahead and admit this....I still miss the New Guy.

(solo-mommy exits quickly before the reactions begin.)

No comments: