April 20, 2008

Friday in Review

A little different than the usual Weekend in Review post, eh?

Well, first off the day started with a bang...or shall I say a rumble! Yes, you are correct!! We had an EARTHQUAKE!!!! You know for Disaster Girl here, I was in bliss all day! Nothing fell of the dresser or anything like that in my duplex. But, what I did feel was my bed shaking like a couple of the kids were jumping on it. That's what woke me up! When I realized what it was, I ran to the computer to confirm it. I was so excited!!! I check 2 of the local TV stations' websites and.....nothing. I waited about 5 minutes, then checked again. Nothing. This was at about 430a mind you, and I was off work that day, so I could afford to sleep in a bit.

When I woke again at almost 7a, I went straight for the computer and...there it was!! 5.4 (later revised to 5.2) earthquake shakes southern Illinois!! WOOHOO!!! I ran upstairs to wake the kids like it was Christmas Day!! They thought it was cool too. Don't worry, they know they're mother is a little off!

Honestly, I was already feeling great knowing that I didn't have to work that day. To top it all off, by the end of the day I was going to have a decent sum of money AND see my Punkin!!! Yes, my ex-husband took the deal and we closed the case in Missouri, effective Friday. Before I left Missouri, I had already been to the bank to deposit the cashier's check, less some much needed cash for the weekend...and for my sweetie! Man, that felt SO GOOD being able to give him that money, especially since he really could use it right now. Remember the loan he gave me around my birthday? Well, I insisted on paying him back...and was finally able to! I should have done it out of my tax return, but there were some really pressing issues that needed to be tended to. I felt horribly when he brought it up to me too, so this was a big relief for me.

What else did I do on Friday? I went and got a pedicure. Then, I went shopping for a shirt to wear that evening. THEN....I GOT MY HAIR DONE!!!!!! It really is shocking isn't it? In all the time I have had this blog, that is one thing you have NEVER read here. I got a relaxer and a great little do, but then it rained (of course), so i had to improvise that evening. I then went down to The City to get a new pair of contacts for my niece, who turned 16 on Thursday.

By 430p, I was driving up to my neck of the woods to pick up the kids, and it was really pouring down! But it was still sunshine in my world, because my sweetie was on his way to me! I was very excited to be seeing him in mere hours! Plus, I was excited about the company dinner/dance that night too.

Fast forward a bit. I got the kids all settled with my niece here watching them for the night and headed to the Hampton Inn Westport to check in and get to the special reception they were holding for us. I made it there for just a few minutes of it, but I had to run back out to Target to find shoes for the evening! Seems the pair I was wearing lost the tip off the heel, and the gorgeous pair I brought to wear was missing the tip off one shoe!!! I found some that were $20, so that worked out fine. I arrived back at the hotel, just in time to meet Dante in the lobby! We went to the room and...well, you know what happened next. Then we started getting ready. He looked very handsome in his 3 piece black suit, and me with my very elegant sklacks (like skorts, but longer...and that's MY word) and my fabulous black shirt I bought. I did the whole "smoky eye" thing that's all the rage now with some nice red lips...Gorgeous!!!

We enjoyed the event, and had a great time with our tablemates...which included my manager and his boyfriend. I even took a picture of them...aren't I just progressive? LOL!!

We got back to hotel, I changed clothes, and he had to deal with some USMC stuff, then we headed to a coworkers room for our own afterparty! We finally headed back to our room at 3a, to which we both promptly got undressed and....CRASHED!!! Seriously, we were sleep within minutes! But the morning....

He got on the road about 9a, but not after I made him a little breakfast plate from the hotel. You know me, I love serving my man! He sent me a text at 130p to let me know he was back and on his way to do a funeral but, by that time I was home in bed hungover and sleep! He was home passed out by about 530p! He called to let me know he was on his way to the house...and he was going to bed and would likely talk to me Sunday! To which he sent me a good afternoon text at about 1230p! I took the kids to a Chinese buffet for dinner Saturday night after I was feeling a bit better. When we left there, we stopped and got "Nancy Drew" from Redbox, then it was off to bed when that went off!

This was a great weekend! And with the prospect of a day or two off this week from work...it promises to be a great week too!!!



PS...I got Inc'd today!!!! The StarrDom Corporation is being born!!! Getting closer to my WAH (work at home) goal everyday!!

No comments: