April 26, 2008

GREAT WEEK!!!

Watched The Secret last night, then re-watched the parts that watched me last night this morning! It wasn't boring...I was just sleepy. Will probably watch that every other day, just to make sure I am keeping my focus! One of my favorite quotes ever is from Henry Ford: "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are usually right." For a long time, I had convinced myself that I couldn't. What a surprise! I was right! Now I am actively working everyday to say I can, and believe I can....then I will!!

I feel so accomplished, which is a feeling I haven't really felt in a long time. My weight is maintained right now...though I have been slacking with my South Beach a little. I am still happily fitting my size 12 jeans and fitting into clothes that I haven't worn in a long time. It's almost like I went shopping and I'm wearing new clothes! But, before I do too much, I am going back to Phase 1... plus fruit though. I would still like to see 175 on the scales. This week was a little crazy and rainy, plus I was doing business stuff on my breaks, so I didn't get to walk outside like I usually do.

I got my business banking account opened yesterday. The banking rep was so nice and helpful. I ordered my administrative services business cards and my car magnets yesterday also. Plus I will get lettering put across the back window giving the phone number and website for the travel business. I need to find out about dba so I can do travel and admin a bit separately and not get into trouble.

I opened my ING direct savings account, and set up auto payments every pay period for that. I bought a new all-in-one printer with wireless capability, so I can replace both of the other printers now. I think I will list some movies on ebay too, since I replaced them with DVDs recently. Never did sell the Tivo or double stroller, but I will try again though this weekend. Bought a microwave cart for the kitchen, but it's still in the car...waiting on my BD to come help me get in the house.

I have also started researching my next vehicle, and so far so good. I was initially interested in the 2008 GMC Yukon XL Hybrid, but according to the dealer they were very limited in production. I will keep abreast of production info for the 2009 models. Otherwise, I found a beautiful 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali in Silver that would be perfect. I am not really into buying brand-new vehicles anyway just because of the dealer markup on them. So buying one a couple of years old will be perfect. That is my goal for 2009. I even did pricing and financing options. I know how much I want to put down, plus my van (which should be paid off by this time next year) as a trade in...my payments will be very manageable!

On the relationship front, I haven't focused very much on that. Just didn't want that clouding my head right now. Can't Get Right has decided he wants me...again. (yawn) Dante is so very caught up in work right now that we hardly get to really talk anymore, which can sometimes make the distance even harder. No worries though, he still has my heart (whether he knows it or not), so I try to be here for him when he needs me. Hopefully though, there will come a time soon where we can truly decide what we are, and if there is more on the horizon for us. Like I said, with him working so much, it just makes sense for me to focus completely on business. That way I won't go nuts wondering if we're still just a casual fling or if there's more in store.

But for now, it's all about the business baby!

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I think you have so many great things going on, no need to fret over the men.

I'm excited to hear how things go.

Good for you - with your business and taking good care of yourself.

You should be proud.