April 4, 2007

Guess Who's Sick Again?

My van is apparently not the only thing that's "broke down"! I woke up fine yesterday morning, got everyone ready as usual. Stopped at McDonald's to get some breakfast, complete with orange juice. Got to work in plenty of time to sit and enjoy my breakfast before I had to log into the phones. I took one gulf of the orange juice, and I could feel it instantly! The onset of a cold. Is that not weird?

It was downhil from there. I took some of my special medicine for people with hypertension. I was emailing with the Commander yesterday as usual, and he recommended I take some Nyquil and drink some herbal tea when I got home. I replied by asking if he was trying to kill me!?

FYI: Regular Decongestants and high blood pressure are NOT good bedfellows! About a month after I was diagnosed, I caught a cold. So I took my regular Sudafed to clear up my head. Whoa, Nelly! My heart was pounding and beating a mile a minute! I was dizzy sitting down, and when I tried to stand up I thought I was going fall out! Ms. Nonchalant here actually called the doctor, that's how freaked out I was! The nurse asked if I had taken any meds, and I told her about the pseudophedrine. Her reply was sommething like, "Oh no no honey, you can't take those kinds of things anymore."

I haven't taken any type of cold medicine since!

Then one day while watching TV (who's surprised?), I saw a very informative commercial for Coricidin HBP. I told Officer Jan about, since she has HBP too, and worse than mine. Then, low and behold, about 2 months ago I was waiting on a prescription inside Walgreen's and I saw it! The Walgreen's generic equivalent to Coricidin HBP! Oh yes people, this is nirvana. There are some things I will pay extra for, but medications are not one of them! Read the label sometimes, it has the same dosage amounts as the name brand - and more expensive- ones!

The New Guy is sick too. I think it hit us both at the same time. What's weird is that there hasn't been a lot of lip-locking lately, though we have been very close to each other. Hopefully our closeness will continue after our conversation last night. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

I just hope to feel better very soon. The temperature has nose-dived outside, so I'm also willing to bet there may be some other people in my house sick by the weekend too! Don't be jealous!

No comments: