April 21, 2007

Saturday's News

It's been a pretty good day today. Didn't do too much. Got up this morning and went to the grocery store. Got a few things to last me the week. Went to go get a cash advance loan, but God intervened, and said 'No'. So I didn't do that.

I put a for sale sign on my van the other day. I listed it as $2200 obo, but I think I will drop that to $1500 obo. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

These are desperate times.

My best friend is in town, and we were supposed to meet today. Everyone's schedules got so bungled up that it will just be easier to meet tomorrow, and then I'll take her to the airport. I can do that now, with my new van!!!

I got up this morning, and decided I had had enough of wearing my hair pulled back everyday. It wasn't giving me the desired effect I wanted anyway, which was increased length retention and less breakage. It actually broke off a little more. So, I relaxed my hair, then deep conditioned it. I blow dried it with some Garnier Fructis Length & Strength and Kemi Oyl. Then I parted it deep on the side, and flat ironed it straight with a slight bend at the end. My hair has body for days!!! Just the way I like it! I am not one of those typical women who is worried about messing up her hair (especially among my fellow sistas), I love for my hair to move when I move.

My hair is swinging like a 40s Big Band concert!

I put my makeup on just perfect. Not too heavy, mainly looking natural, except for the eyeliner and bronze lip gloss. From the neck up, I felt fierce! I pray this will give me the motivation to get right from the neck down. I wanna go on a fruit fast this week. I would greatly reduce my sodium intake, and I expect to drop a few pounds as well.

I did get to chat with the New Guy a bit today. It seems his schedule is opening up a bit, finally. No, not so much as for me, but he has been so busy this week. I have been a little concerned, mainly die to the lack of sleep and the extremely hectic pace. He's having computer issues so we may chat tomorrow.

I talked to the Major as usual, we really do talk almost everyday. He had to fly to Florida to attend to his rental property there, someone busted a window out. He'll be back in Virginia bright and early tomorrow morning. Everything is going pretty good for him, not perfect, there are always some challenges. But, for the most part, things are good.

I chatted with the Commander by email yesterday at work. I took that as a good sign that he was feeling a little better. But then today, I can't get him. I see him available and I say hi and he totally igs me! I think he just needs some time to adjust to everything he's dealing with, then he will be okay. Perhaps he'll talk to me again in the near future. I hope so, he's a really great guy.

So, today was okay and tomorrow is Sunday. Life is good.

No comments: