April 23, 2007

The Long Sunday

Well, the good news is I'm still cute! Ha! I still wore my hair down. I'm gonna try to make it a daily habit.

I got up and got the WonderTwins ready for church. After we left church, We went to Grandmother's for a couple of hours. We left there about 3p to head up to my younger sister, Kim's house. She was hosting Leigh's oldest daughter's birthday gathering.
Background sidenote: My mother had three girls. My two older sisters have the same father, and I have a different father. (No matter what the pc term is, we ARE NOT half-sisters) Their father had four other children, three girls and a boy. I consider them my siblings just my sisters because, for the most part, I was raised with them more than the siblings on my dad's side!

Okay, so anyway. I got to stay there for about an hour when my best friend Marie called to tell me she was near us at Target. I didn't get to see her Saturday as originally planned, but I told her I would take her to the airport on Sunday. I picked her up and we went back to Kim's house for about 2 hours and stuffed ourselves with barbecue, then headed to the airport. By now, it's 6p.

Got to the airport by a little after 7p. Then headed over to see The New Guy. He lives about 10 minutes from the airport. We went to a park so the WonderTwins could play. They had a blast. He and I were even flirting and making little innuendos! That was kind of a sign that -maybe- he was coming around to being okay with my condition. It felt really good to talk to him and touch him that way again. We went back to his house for water and potty breaks. Then he got into his truck and we headed to my side of the water. I had to pick up DJ and Space Cadet at Leigh's house, so he was waiting in front of my house when I got there. He stayed until about 3a. It was a really great evening, and a great day overall. I got to spend it with family and friends, what could be better?

No comments: