April 13, 2007

Happy Friday the 13th

 

So this week has been pretty uneventful. Been severely financially challenged for the past two weeks. But, guess who got her sink fixed???

Yes, the miracle of Easter came upon me! I can run the water in my kitchen sink for as long as I want, without fear of a basin overflowing under the sink!!

 

Of course my landlord didn’t fix it!!! Is this your first day reading my blog???

 

My church member – who fixed things before – just came by with the parts and fixed it. He said he couldn’t stand the thought of me and the children living in those type of conditions anymore. Remember, it’s been since late November! The slumlord/landlord doesn’t even know it was done! He also doesn’t know when he’s going to get his rent either, but that’s cause I was being ornery since he won’t fix anything!

 

I actually went to church on Easter. We made it just in time for the sermon –happens a lot! Hey, I got my praise and worship on the way down there with the CD I burned that morning! I downloaded songs from limewire and made my own praise and worship CD of my favorite songs. Got to go to grandmother’s house afterward and my oldest sister was there as well. It was a good day.

 

Made it through the week with very little but just enough! My account was in the red (hey, it happens sometimes – but the bills were paid) so I was very limited in what I could do. The gas tank was pretty low too. But I made it. Let me tell you how I made it:

 

On Thursday morning after I dropped off the kids, I was trying to decide what to do about my gas tank. I knew the checking was in the red, but savings had about 16 bucks in it. Well, first blessing issue was that my readout showed 0 miles til empty, but I drove at least about 2.5-4 more miles! Then when I got to the gas station, I was hoping I could just use my check card to fill-up my gas tank. No luck. Went to the ATM on the outlot of that gas station, but it was a $20 minimum withdrawal.  You know I tried anyway! Nope, it didn’t work.

           

So, I started praying to God for a different blessing, that I could find a $10 minimum ATM before I ran out of gas! Just up the street was my own bank with an ATM. Get this, when I started the car, my readout said 26 miles til empty!!!!! I made it to the bank, where the ATM allowed me to get 10bucks from my savings account. Then, I made it about a mile down the road the other way to get gas!!!

 

God is good; God is great; Let us thank Him!!! This story from a woman whose favorite scripture is Matthew 6:25-37!

 

I am thinking seriously about this car situation. I went to one place, JD Byrider, and talked to the salesman and finance person already. But the vehicle I thought I liked doesn’t have the automatic passenger sliding door. Shallow? Maybe. But if I’m paying for it, I want it to be what I want it to be! So, under the advice of the New Guy, I will check a couple of other places, like Car Credit City and Lou Fusz. I submitted my online app to CCC, and will call the finance manager at Lou Fusz on my lunch break today. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments: