April 30, 2007

Sunday's Outing

Okay, so after all the dramatic talk on Saturday, guess who didn't go to church Sunday?

I'll give you another minute...

Wow! You guessed it! Yeah, I didn't go. BUT, I did catch up on a Joyce Meyer audio series about Prayer (which is an area I really need help in).

It does too count!!

I am finishing the other parts tonight as a matter of fact. Then, I go and read all the scripture references she mentioned. I usually read the entire chapter as opposed to just the verse mentioned.

So, my goal was to lounge all day Sunday, but the New Guy had another plan. He called about 1p wanting to take me and the kids to eat and hand out. What was really cute was that he was so "annoyed" that for the second weekend in a row, he didn't see all of "his kids". DJ was with his dad (yeah, I was impressed) and Starr was with my sister Leigh. So, once again, it was just us and the WonderTwins. We had a grand day!

We drove up the Midwest's version of a coast. In other words, we drove up past Alton to Grafton, which are two Illinois towns that run right alongside the Mississippi River. We ate at a fish joint, and it was very good. Yeah, I said a fish joint. Like a taco stand in Cali or a rice house in the St. Louis metro area. It's not a traditional restaurant. It's not a hole-in-the-wall. It's more along the dive line of thinking. You know, not the nicest location but the food is good. There is an enclosed kitchen, and then a covered dining area with wooden picnic benches.

We took the ferry across the river to Missouri, then drove around looking at houses and just chatting. I left home at about 2p and didn't return until about 9p. So much for lounging all day!
But it was worth it.

Hopefully next weekend, we're gonna get the kids together and go to the zoo. I'm starting to relax a little. Still got my guard up, he could change his mind anytime. It would sting a little, but I'd understand. Honestly though, I think everything's gonna be alright.

Just gotta keep working on me...

No comments: