May 1, 2007

I dislike Corporate America

There...I said it!

Today, I sat at my desk pretty much all day, except at lunch. There is something wrong with my left foot. It is slightly swollen and hurts to the touch. To the touch, and even when I think about touching it, it hurts then too. As I'm sitting here typing, the subcutaneous pain is sliding up my ankle and calf.

Big word...I know. Old habits die hard.

That's what it feels like, though. It's just under my skin. Kind of a pain, more of a burn kind of feeling. I've been limping all day, that's all I know.
Of course I won't be going to the doctor!

So why the title of this blog? Well, today was just a reminder that I need to get the ball rolling so that I can control my own destiny. Some simple little nothing happened today that instantly gave me a headache. Trust me, that doesn't happen often at work. Blood pressure went straight up, but then I had to calm it down. Firstly, I am not fond of my manager. He is so "by the book", unless it's for his friends, that he will let nothing slide. Now, I'm not the kind of person that does many things, if any, that are against the rules but expect someone to overlook it. I am the kind of person that as a single mother, and a good reliable worker, wouldn't mind my manager going the extra mile for me. But, when you don't have kids you can't understand. So today was just an example of what I am tired of.

But, as I told my mother the other night: Don't panic, I'm not in any danger of quitting my job!

What it has made me do, though, is want to focus even harder on finding the right host agency, and getting the word out about my business.

On top of that, things are so tight for me financially right now, I am barely treading water.

Okay, I'm drowning. But I have faith in God, and that is what He wanted. I made that mistake to "forget" about him in the day-to-day, thinking I had it all together myself. I didn't. He waited patiently and knowingly on me to screw it all up. What a surprise, I did!

My prayer for myself now is that I never lose that again. My challenge now is to tend to little so I can be blessed with much. It's not a new challenge, but I am hard-headed, so sometimes it takes God a minute to get through!

Promise to keep you updated...

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Good morning.

Sorry things have been tough for you lately. Yes, I have been a-lurkin' and please know I am praying for you and your family.

I know you will make your way. =]

(PS: If that pain keeps coming back, you might want to call the doctor. I know, who wants to do that...but I read something recently about blood clots and it scared me. Anyway, maybe you could check your symptoms against information online - just to be safe. Ok, I'm done mothering you.)

Have a great day.