May 27, 2007

PAR-TAY!

I went to the Kween's party last night at a club in E. St. Louis, Jessie's Place. That was monumental in itself, since I haven't set foot in a club since before the WonderTwins were born (circa 2002). The cool thing is that it was an over 30 set, so the grillz and gold teeth were minimal and the tees and jeans weren't allowed. The music was a nice mix as well. Translation: Minimal cursing and typical name-calling of women was virtually non-existent. Whew!

I got there rather early, because it started at 7pm, but most folks didn't show til after 10! I'm glad there was a nice turnout for her. I was almost a big girl and got a drink, but decided on cranberry juice all night instead. I tried to get the New Guy to come over, but he was visiting his friend (as usual). I checked with Cody, who's been dying to see me (no we still haven't seen each other in person since we reconnected), but he couldn't come out and play. Kween asked me about the Commander, and I knew that that wasn't his set - it was barely mine!! So I had decided to hang with her friend/my ex Roman for the evening (she knew and I knew he would be on me like a powder blue leisure suit), but he didn't show up! He came to the place Friday night - her actual birthday - and then was constantly on his way last night. He even told other people about it and kept reminding them all week and he didn't show. He along with many others who said they were coming but never showed just got on the wrong person's badside! As bad as I wanted to stay at home and do nothing, I went, and I'm very glad I did. It was a nice break from the everyday *blah* that has become my life.

The kids stayed at Leigh's house, and I got home and crashed about 130a. But not before me and the self-timer on my digital camera had our fun! I washed and flat ironed my hair and did my face. Then, as always, I threw something on at the last second and BAM!! Fierceness from head to toe! Just you wait, I'll have pictures up later today, and you'll see!


ps. you can reach my site by www.solo-mommy.com! Yay me!!!

(solo-mommy does a jump and kick; heard something POP; has to go lie down now)

No comments: