May 25, 2007

TGIF - Memorial Day Weekend

Thank You God for 3-day Weekends!!!



So much is going in my life right now...it is unbelievable! Even I am wondering how I'm holding it together and I'm the one living it!



No, I am not going to go into it, but I know for sure one of two things is happening. I am either being attacked or I'm being dealt with! (Those who know and serve God know what I am talking about) I'm at a toss-up to which it is at this point. Lord knows I've done enough lately to be dealt with.

I've decided to have Memorial Day at my house this year, and will celebrate DJ's 10th birthday at that time. I pray to have the van sold by then. I just placed another urgent ad. Hopefully it will work, now that I've lowered the price yet again, and added no reasonable offer refused.

That means I need to clean this weekend. Oh joy. I mean really clean, including a little organizing in the garage as well. The slumlord sent his father-in-law to take down the fence that was damaged back in December, but he did half and it's still lying in the backyard. I'll move it myself of I have to, I just have nothing to say to them.

The New Guy is catching Hades right now too it seems. I try to send him a text to let him know he's on my mind and that I'm thinking of him. I sent him an ecard this week to put a momentary smile on his face. What's up with us? For now, I'll just be content with us being friends. I don't know what else to think, and now is not the time for either one of us to figure otherwise.

I cleared work almost 2 hours early, and had planned on going home but decided to go to my sisters' house and just hang out with them. I enjoyed it and so did the kids. We didn't get home til a little after 9p. I'll just have them shower in the morning. They will survive!

I think I have decided to actively pursue another job, though I know it will not solve my ultimate issue (wanting to make my own hours). But, I had no intention of going through the summer on this schedule, and yet here we are. Then I find out today that I am on a written warning so I cannot move from my position for the next 30-90 days (ie, whichever they see fit). The good thing about that is that I can move out the door at any given time! Everyday that you are out sick counts against you, even if they are consecutive. 3 days = 3 counts. Remember the week Champagne was sick? That was three right there. I've been sick a few times, as well as the Bruzer. And then anytime you are late over 4 minutes, that's a quarter of a count. Last week Monday, I logged in at 835, and that did it. Whatever! I am so over that place!

But I know I will never be truly happy until I am setting my own hours and not having to contend with such ridiculous rules. The big thing yesterday and today was changing everyone's email signature to the uniform one for the company. Even when there was weather-related travel delays and calls holding, this email thing was priority! That makes sense to you, doesn't it?

The highlight? We had a food day today. Although I probably ate enough calories for the next 2 days RDA!

No comments: