May 20, 2007

Church Without Walls

That was my way of saying I didn't go to PTC (my church) today. But, I did at least get to watch two sermons on TV! Yeah, I know it's not the same thing, but it does count!!!

The first I watched was Pastor David Crank of Faith Church St. Louis in Fenton, Missouri. I first learned about this church from my sister, the Officer, she frequently watches it on Sunday mornings. All three of us girls plan to go there one day soon. He is a very regular, everyday straight-talking fellow. He truly seems like he's in it to win souls for the Lord. When was the last time you saw a ministry service on TV where they weren't asking for a donation to receive a tape of that service? Yeah well, this place says for a FREE copy call the toll-free number or visit their website. It truly is a "come as you are" church, without all the "religiosity" that is ruining so many places of worship today.

Then, I watched Joyce Meyer on my computer. If you go to her website, you can pull up at least the last 14 broadcasts to watch on-demand. I have listened to her for over 10 years now. I have always enjoyed listening to her speak. Not because she makes me 'feel good' or says what I want to hear. It's actually the opposite in most cases. She usually says things to call me out on the carpet, as the saying goes, and then tells me what I NEED to hear, according to her real-life experiences and (most importantly) God's Word. A preacher can be dynamic and get you all fired up, but if they are not directing you to the Word of God -book, chapter and verse- to back up what they're saying...you're just listening to someone else's opinion. I really want to go to her Women's Conference in September. Registration starts tomorrow, and this year will feature TD Jakes and CeCe Winans. I'm gonna continue to pray on it.

We had a great day today. The picnic for my "nephew" was in the park, so the kids got to play and run and play and eat and play and... You get the idea. We were there from about 2p to about 7p. We came home and everyone (except Mom) got clean and ate a quick sandwich. Then, it was off to bed. I am not far behind myself!

Back to the work week tomorrow! Yay.

p.s. I'm gonna stop thinking so hard about the sitch with the New Guy. It's gonna be what it's gonna be. I can see a really good future for us. I can totally see us together for the duration. But, that doesn't matter. If God doesn't see it, then it won't happen. So, he and I both need to be working on a relationship (if that's what we have) that is pleasing not primarily to ourselves, but to Him.

See what happens when I clear clutter from my home??? I told you so!

No comments: