May 13, 2007

Mama was a Rolling Stone...

I am back! and -if I may say so- very proud of myself! Why? Because I drove to Holly Springs, MS from St. Louis.
And....I drove from Holly Springs, MS to St. Louis.
And....I drove all points in between.
Grand Total?

980 miles this weekend!

This weekend was my official Summer Road Trip kickoff! My mother kept offering to drive, but I told her I was okay. Truth be told, she was the financial reason I was able to go. As a matter of fact, I wasn't going to go because my funds are so out-of-whack, but she insisted and told me she would take care of it. So, we went and I drove both ways.

Holly Springs is about 40min from Memphis, TN. Me and the kids will be road tripping there this summer. It would be about the same as driving to Chicago (also a road trip destination), which is where my best friend is. Which is also a Road Trip destination - the next one, according to her. Also about the same as a drive to Kansas City, which is on my Road Trip list. Other included places are Indianapolis and Louisville. The criteria is basically somewhere interesting that I can drive to in less than 6 hours. Get up early, hit the road, get there early, and leave later the next day.


The only thing that sucked about going with my sisters is that for the Officer, the world stops on Sunday. She has to be back so she can get ready for the week ahead.

I don't mean to be funny but hey, we're travelling out of town. You 've got 2 kids (well, 3 now including the foster baby), how hard is it to iron something for them when you get home and put them to bed?? But that's just me.

Yes, she is more organized than I am!

Anyway, though we don't talk much I am very proud of my cousin. She is married with 4 children and works full-time. It took her awhile -as it did both of my sisters- but she did it. Ms. Brainiac hasn't done it yet! I had originally wanted to start again in summer this year, but it looks like we are up to fall now.

Didn't get a chance to do much communication this weekend online. I talked to the Commander before I left. We had a good conversation on Friday while I was at home. It was cut short and then I missed his call the next morning, while we were driving to Ole Miss for the graduation. I was able to answer questions that will hopefully get our friendship back on track (the friendship that I screwed up, for the record).

I also got to chat online with the Major. We've been misconnecting by phone lately in the evenings. We did talk for a while yesterday afternoon, when he called to wish me a happy Mother's Day.

I did talk to the New Guy for a few minutes yesterday. He sent me a text to wish me Happy Mother's Day and to tell me to be safe on the road. But by the time I got that message, I was already at my aunt's house and enjoying dessert! So I called him and we talked for about 10 minutes or so.

You know what I miss? I miss talking on the phone with the New Guy.

Sounds weird, doesn't it?

We chat alot online but, if we are supposed to be sorta-like 'courting', it doesn't feel like it most times. Before, when we were seeing each other, we would talk on the phone. He would regularly call me and I would regularly call him. Now, a couple of days can go with no communication. Sometimes a week can go by before I actually talk to him on the phone. I like the phone, it is much more personal.

Honestly, it makes me wonder alot where he and I really are. I know he's still thinking about dealing with my condition long-term, and there's other stuff he's debating as well (such as the total package, including kids, etc). He adores the kids, don't get me wrong. But at this point, I am just feeling lost as to what we are, if we are anything, and where we are going. I know he's busy with everything right now, but it is hard considering how attentive he was "last time". Considering how "last time" ended, I am a little concerned that perhaps he's just not that interested.

I know, I know. Dramatic, but it is a true feeling I have -- that I DON'T like having.

(sigh) The saga continues...

No comments: