May 17, 2007

Today was the day I wanted to quit...

Did I have a bad day at work, you ask? Actually...no, I didn't.

Work was the usual stuff. Not overly busy, not freezing (as it is frequently), noone was crabby. There was one interesting thing I learned, but I'l hold that for a few minutes.

So why was it a bad day? Because I need to be there to pick up my own d-a-m-n kids!!!

Whew! That felt good. Okay, now that I'm calm I'll tell you what happened.

My oldest sister, Leigh, picks up DJ, the Bruzer, and Space Cadet in the evenings. Well, she waited until last night when I picked them up to tell me that she was going on a field trip with her daughter and could Agnes (the one who drops her kids off in the am) pick them up from the after-school program. Well she told this morning that was fine, she could pick them up. I forgot to tell her that Bruzer needed a ride too, from the other side of town at his daycare. So, I called her cell phone and left an urgent message before 3pm. I called her again sometime in the 4 o'clock hour, again on her cell. My sister called me at a little after 5p to ask if Agnes was picking them up, to which I responded yes to older 2 but not Bruzer. She said they may get back early, so she may be able to. Here's where the frustration begins...

Agnes called me at 540P! From. her. home. phone. "You called me earlier?" I called my sister, who was at the mall, right by me! Leigh said if they got done at the mall she would try to get there to pick him up. She called back at 558P, wanting me to call the daycare and let them know she would be a little late. Nevermind! I am off in 2 minutes!!!

I talked the worker at the school who was totally ok with it. Bruzer's so cool, he was helping her clean up. Thank goodness I don't have one of those whiny kids! I felt so bad though, like the worst mommy ever!

I was so frustrated and kinda ticked off, I literally wanted to cry. So, I called and vented to my best friend, then I vented to the Major.

The walls of my world are closing in on me, while I am already drowning in sea of financial burdens. This just wasn't what I needed to deal with. I also know that as anxious as I am to talk to the New Guy about the State of the (alleged) Relationship, my mind is not right.

And about the job? Yeah, the other girl that works 6p with me has been getting off early everyday this week. I finally asked why today. There's a lady in the process of selling her house, and so she wants the morning to clean. So she offered this girl - with a husband - to switch shifts with her INDEFINITELY until her house sells!!!!

I can surely say this, it is no secret to anyone there about my struggles with my schedule as far as someone else picking up my FOUR children. But, I won't be mad, it wasn't for me.

What I will do is add this job information to my resume and get it back into circulation!


To end on a high note: When I picked up the kids, we went to an event where DJ could pick the instrument he wants to play in band next year. He did pretty darn well at the trumpet, so I am well pleased! I plan to pick it up at the shop within the next month. Of course, I'm gonna shop for a used one online!! I am still that girl!

No comments: