May 8, 2007

When will the End Come?

I know we all do things and make sacrifices for those we care about. I am no exception. I have reason to talk or complain, considering all FOUR of my children are being picked up 4 days a week by both of my sisters. Having said that...

Boy, will I be glad when this morning arrangement is over!!!

When you don't have to be at work until 930a, and your oldest kids don't have to be at school til 830a, do you know how ANNOYING it is to have to be up at 530A!!!??

I do. I am hoping this is the last month, since school is out at the end of May. Now I know how my sisters must feel, cause this has gotten really old. I mean, believe me, I am the biggest advocate of changing my schedule so that I can get back to picking up my own children, thus relieving their burden.

But at least they're not awake against their will.

Okay, I'm done complaining about that.

I got the expected response back from my manager about changing our shifts. Of course, they couldn't do it!

So, I did what I said I was going to do when that happened. I requested to be on the other team. I found out the one lady (with less seniority than me) is working 8a-430p. Yep, I could bump her out of it, no doubt. Don't know if I would though, honestly. Due to the aforementioned situation, I would not be able to help my friend if I worked 8a-430p.

Sounds crazy, I know. I just complained about it, and can't wait for it to be over. But, I would possibly decline an earlier shift just so she wouldn't be left out in the cold. Yep. With the laundry list of selfless things she has done for me, this is the least I could do to help.

So anyway, back to the job, I then made a request to my manager about being moved to that other team. Being the 'sensitive' man that he is, he asked if my hours were the only reason. I replied that was absolutely correct.

You do know what I mean by 'sensitive', don't you? Yep, that's exactly what I mean. There are a LOT of gay men in travel. Let me put it a different way. If I meet a man at work who's an agent and he's not gay, I am surprised.

So, he sent an inquiry to the workforce coordinator, as to if there was an opening on the other team. He also noted that I wanted to change to that team and the only reason was my hours. I pretty much know how that's gonna turn out! Yeah, yeah, sure. I could be pleasantly surprised.

We will see.

Okay, I better get going, they are down there acting like hoodlums this morning. I have to remind them that, though they are dressed and fe d when they get here, my children are not even awake yet. They have been very loud this morning, especially the little boy. He's like the Bruzer, only times 25!

No. Really.

No comments: