May 5, 2007

Saturday and all is well

I am very excited and I forgot to mention this yesterday!

The Commander talked to me!! Well he emailed me and we chatted later in the evening. I am very excited and happy about that! Perhaps we have a chance after all!

I have been doing hair today. The girls hair, not mine!

What? You forgot who comes first?

I only have to flat-iron Starr's hair, which I'll do in the morning. Yes, I am thinking positively, and being overly ambitious. One day, I'll show you her hair post-wash, post-blowdry, then flat-ironed. Only then will you understand!

We got out the house for a little while today. Mainly went to get something to eat and just get out into the sun for a minute. I stopped at the bread store and bought fruit and cereal bars for breakfast next week.

What? You don't know what the bread store is? It's what Hostess calls a bakery outlet. What it doesn't mean is that they sell bread right at or past its expiration date. Or hard or stale bread. Basically, what it means is that you pay a heck of a lot less for the same bread than someone who buys it at the grocery store. Let's say Wonder at Shop n Save is $2.19. At the bread store, it would be 99 cents. I cannot in good conscience buy bread at the grocery store. I would go without than pay that price!

Okay, enough rambling. Gonna go visit with the Major. Haven't seen him the last couple of times he was in town, not since his birthday. So, we wanted to make a point to be able to chat face-to-face this time.

No comments: