May 31, 2007

Memorial Day

I know it's a little late but, whatever!

Remember the whole 'house is a mess' thing? Well considering my family was coming over, that had to change. So I spent Sunday cleaning, went to bed late, then woke up Monday morning very early and started again. I did a pretty good job, so I am pleased. So was everyone else who knows what my place usually looked like. My oldest sister walked in and said 'Wow' before she knew it. That was a complement.

No! I didn't just hide the stuff in a cabinet or closet! I actually cleaned. Then, I barbecued. Nothing spectacular, just hot dogs, hamburgers, and brats. I didn’t like the burgers I got from Wal-Mart, so I won’t buy those again. I also grilled a sliced pineapple, and cooked some garlic butter shrimp on the grill. I say cooked because I thought I had skewers to actually grill the shrimp, but apparently I didn’t. Maybe next time…

I had a house full, and it was fabulous. We did manage after not one but two trips to Sam’s to get a cake for DJ. The first time, on Sunday, the only cake they had that was marble had a very obvious and poorly repaired crack across the front of it. For some reason, all the Memorial Day cakes were white cake. So we went back Monday morning and got a very multi-colored marble cake.

The New Guy came over and spent some time as well, which I was excited about. No, I still don't know what the status is, but right now we both have too much going to really focus on it.

If I keep telling myself that, maybe eventually I'll believe it!


No comments: