May 18, 2007

I'm Still Lost

So, I was able to engage the New Guy in text messages for about 5 minutes today.

Yeah, real big news. We rarely have phone conversations anymore. I still remember we would talk basically everyday, usually by the evening before bed. Now, I may go 3 or more days without talking to him. I am not used to that, and I really don’t like it. But hell, half the time I can’t get him cornered enough to really talk about it!

I am starting to feel a real distance there, I can’t describe it any other way. I just don’t think he’s as interested as he thinks he is. We have a great time together, including when we’re with the kids. But, that is another area of concern. I am very worried about my kids getting too involved and then we don’t go anywhere. It is not my intention for my children to see everyone I date. When we’re together, his actions say one thing (the right thing), but when we’re apart the silence is deafening! I am so lost right now. I was able to get him to talk about the drive-in and his plans for the weekend. Then when I asked ‘In the words of Prince: How Come You Don’t Call Me, Anymore?’, I didn’t hear anything from him anymore.

At times like this, I get the feeling we missed our boat when he backed out the first time…

No comments: