June 3, 2007

The Circus Came to Town

Saturday was a cool day. I did absolutely nothing until about 530p. We were supposed to be going to the circus with my sisters at 7p. But my couch was loving me so well that I really didn't want to leave it!

The oldest two were dressed already, so I just had to get the WonerTwins dressed and then myself. I tell you, being naturally cute has its advantages, it really doesn't take a lot for me to get ready! (I'm still working on the modesty thing, it comes and goes)

DJ saw his bff Jason (and family and scout troop) there, so he sat with them the first half of the show, then came down there with us for the second half. I'm still really bitter that he missed this entire year of Boy Scouts because of my piss-poor work schedule, as did Starr/Space Cadet missed Brownies.

All in all they had a great time. We usually go to the parade that Friday night. But with my niece's "graduation" picnic at daycare, I was tired by the time I left there at 8p. So I told the kids we weren't doing the parade this year but we were going to the circus the next day, and as usual they were cool with it.

So, what did I do vegging out on the couch all day? Well I did start one load of laundry, and that was it. No really, it's not even done yet, nor is it fully loaded. I'll finish it up this evening. I got to chat with the Major for a little while, in addition to the Commander. We don't chat much anymore, especially right now as he's busy building his new website from scratch. Yeah, he's one of those people! I'm all Yahoo SiteBuilder or bust, and he's writing code page for page!!!

My newest addition is finding an old boyfriend from 9th grade online! How funny is that! I was on Black Planet the other day looking around. I figured I would check guys around my age in my home city and where I live now to see if there was anyone I knew. I had already done the women a few weeks ago. I was so surprised to see his face, so I sent him a message and an add request. We emailed for a couple of days then added each other to our yahoo IM friends list and spent a few hours chatting yesterday. Bob and I "dated" (read:went together, as no actual dates took place) in 9th grade second semester. He was so cute and sweet and innocent, and just adored me! He asked me yesterday why I even dated him in the first place because he was a quiet little 'nobody' and I was so popular. I gave him the reasons I just mentioned, plus the fact that I was really into light-skinned (read: yellow) guys at the time. In the words of one of my best friends at the time: 'Light, Bright and Damn-Near White'!

What???

Anyway, I gave him my cell number and we talked for a few minutes while I was at the circus. He has a really great personality and fun sense of humor. He even has sarcasm! So, we've been catching up on each other's lives throughout the past 18years (feeling a little old right now). He has four children, 2 boys and 2 girls, just like me. But as is with most people I went to school with, his are much older than mine. Darn me for doing things in the right order!

The biggest news of Saturday was the significant amount of communication between me and the New Guy! We talked for about 30minutes early in the day. 30 minutes! He even initiated a couple of text messages to me! I really do think things will be okay between us. I know he cares and I know I care, but we are both going through major transitions right now. Perhaps when this all blows over and settles down for both of us, things will become a little more defined.

As always, I'll keep you posted!

No comments: