June 9, 2007

Saturday's News

Today was good day. I went to see a couple of places and - God's will - I may have found a new domicile!

I first went to the one I mentioned yesterday. I wasn't impressed with the outside and was equally pleased with the inside. Oh, it wasn't dirty or rundown or anything like that. It just didn't move me. You know? But, I knew I would take it if nothing else came about. The good thing was that the current tenant actually did the showing, so I got to find out about the landlord and the neighborhood. Both received positive reviews.

I had quite a but of fun with her Newfoundland dog and her sibling cats. The dog was just a big old baby, truly a gentle giant. Most would have been afraid jsut because of his size, but you could look in his eyes and tell his disposition. Or, maybe it's just me! The cats were funny, brother and sister, one gray w/white markings and the other black w/ the same white markings. The gray one, the boy, was mean as fire she said. But the girl was hilarious, she was very sociable and frisky almost like a dog. She better be careful or she'll have her cat privileges revoked for that kind of behavior!

So I enjoyed the visit, but not the place. I did another drive-thru of the popular duplex subdivision near my house and came up short. Also, the 'For Rent' sign my sister mentioned down the street from her, was a 2BR, which I couldn't take occupancy of a 2BR with my amount of children. So, feeling rather dejected I stopped by home and checked the computer classifieds one more time, just in case something showed up. Well, something did. A 3BR/1BA duplex near the middle of town, on the high end of my budget! I called and talked to the wife who gave me the address and told me to driveby and see what I thought. She told me she had to work all day but perhaps her husband could show it today. I called when I got there, told her I liked it and asked if she could see when he would be available. He said 10 minutes, so we waited.

This is the time I chose to formally share with the children that we are moving, and that if we got that place, they would probably have to change schools. Starr was very excited, since she'd be going to the school with her cousins. But DJ was not as thrilled, understandably. He was going to be going to the middle school next year! This one district has middle school grades 5-8. I apologized to him and said this is something we need to do, there are very few other choices. He went back to reading his book.

It has charm. It has the character that older houses do. I will have to compromise big time on the bedrooms (me in the smallest downstairs). It has a well fenced and gated backyard. I like it. I will keep praying (and you too please) that this is the one for us! It had it's quirks and stuff but so does everyplace, and I'm willing to "gamble" here.

Time Will Reveal......

No comments: