July 21, 2007

It's Almost That Time Again

I know I am no different from many people out there, but I really don't look forward to going back to work after this vacation. One main reason is I know that Monday will probably be my last day working 7-330p. It will then be back to 930-6p...indefinitely. I am torn between going across the hall to full-service and leaving the company completely. Since I am planning to purchase a home next year, I am leaning towards staying put for the job stability thing. I just hope that if I do decide to switch within the next couple of months, it will be worth it in the long run.

I am in the process of refocusing my attentions to me and what I want to do with my life. I am tired of feeling as if I am merely existing, and not living. It is most definitely how I feel. I haven't gotten my degree, and I have really wanted to. I am so far into debt right now, not from frivolous purchases of shoe fetishes and clothes, but just trying to make ends meet. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, as the saying goes. That pretty much describes my life!

Let's not forget about my sincere and deep desire to both work from home, and then ultimately starting and running my own successful business. It sounds so simple to say Just Do It. But honestly, Nike had the right idea. There will always be a reason why you shouldn't do something. We can truly talk ourselves out of anything. I know, since I've started doing just that over the last few years! There was a time when I thought everything was possible, and I acted accordingly. But now, it's like I built my own ceiling that I will not let myself exceed. That's okay, because I am on my way to reprogramming that!

In other news, I finally got the girls' beds put together. Cody and I hung out yesterday aftertoon. He was trying to get the last part to finish putting his car (the PimpMobile as I call it) back together. He has changed the radiator 3 times this week and apparently the 3rd time was the charm. He bought me barbecue from some place as we were headed back. Sure I could've put the beds together myself, but hey if I had a friend that could do it, why not?! I really enjoy hanging out with him, but not like as a relationship or anything of the sort. It's not even in any danger of turning into that!!! Because we talk about our relationships, I know who he is really nuts about...even when he didn't. And he knows all about the New Guy (the ups and downs), so he knows where my heart is too. I try to give advice from a woman's point of view, and just like a know-it-all man, he totally ignores me! And I will ask his opinion from a man's perspective, if need be. If someone saw us, they could easily mistake us as siblings (though we don't look alike at all) because we constantly go back and forth! But it's good having that no-pressure feeling, someone to hang with, without any sexual or relational expectations!

SoloMommy breathes a sigh of relief.

No comments: