July 8, 2007

So Much for Friends

On July 4th, my cell phone was disconnected. No, it wasn't because I didn't pay the bill or anythig like that. Can't Get Right had it permanently disconnected. How? Let me go back to the beginning.

When my phone with T-Mobile got turned off last year, I was screwed. I couldn't a cell line with Sprint in my name thanks to the WonderTwins sperm donor leaving me with a $1200 balance. T-Mobile lied to me on more than one occasion, so when I had the money to get my line back, they pulled something bogus. So I walked away from them. There was one person I knew I could call that would help me out, and that was Can't Get Right (known as The One back then). Sprint told him they needed $125 deposit for the line. He came up to my job, got the money, paid it at the store, and came back with my activated phone. I paid the bill and he did too. So, for the record, I wasn't just mooching off of him. But then the complaints started some months back everytime the bill came due. I knew once a month I would get a call from him about the damn bill. I could call him everyday for a week straight and not get him. But I knew, when the bill was due he'd be calling! This I began to dread.

I honestly don't know what happened. I was doing the girls' and my hair on the 4th, and missed several calls, one was from him. I called my mom back and a few minutes later when I tried to call Leigh back it gave the strangest message. I have dealt with a disconnected Sprint cell before, so if you try to make a call it just directs you to customer service to make a payment. This recording basically told me I wasn't even on the network!!! That told me he - for reasons unknown - permanently disconnected my line.

I called him at work to try and find out what happened. He called back and immediately started talking about his back and whatever. But by that time I was so THROUGH WITH HIM that he didn't even stop talking long enough to realize I don't freakin' care anymore! I have always been in his corner, even as DEAD ASS WRONG as he does our daughter --- scratch that --- MY daughter. The daughter who called him on Father's Day and left a voicemail and he never even called her back! I was worried about him, and would check on him when he was going through all the kidney issues and was trying to help with the back issues. So he repays me by turning off my phone, knowing I don't have a home phone either? He can kiss my wide, voluptuous, chocolate @$$!!!! I'm done. I wish him no ill-will, but the love I had in my heart all this time for him is gone. I finally see him for the selfish bastard he really is. And dammit, I love ME and MY DAUGHTER way more than anything I ever had for him! The likelihood of him getting my number is not very good at this point. We no longer have anything to discuss.

I am able to get a phone through Sprint that's coming in the mail next week. My mom put up the money for the deposit cause she couldn't bear the thought of me being without a phone for too long. It comes with a free pink Katana, which I will sell to the Kween for her daughter, and then activate my Treo on the new line.

Everything will be just fine. It will all work itself out in the end, and me and the kids will be okay.

Current book reading: Millionaire Women Next Door.

No comments: