July 2, 2007

Your Alter-Ego can be a Good Thing

Have you ever heard the mega-star Beyonce talk about her alter-ago, Sasha? I just learned of Sasha a few weeks ago and, by jove, that's the most awesome thing in the universe!!!

You didn't know about Sasha? Well, let me enlighten you!

Beyonce actually lists herself as a pretty quiet and reserved person. However, there is NO WAY she could have achieved the level of superstardom - and subsequent persecution - without a pretty thick skin. Well, her answer to that has to do with when she goes on stage. She basically transforms herself into the diva-esque, no-holds-barred, singing-and-dancing-machine known as Sasha. In watching her in this on youtube today, I saw the difference.

I said all this to say what, you ask? Well if B can do it, then I don't feel so crazy admitting I have one myself.

Ok.......two.

There is the evil and ornery me, who I have always referred to as Toni. I've known about her since I was at least in my early teens. She didn't come out often, but hells bells when she did!!! She is like my champion, you know. When I have been hurt, she is the one to go and avenge my heartbreak. Kind of like Nikki/Jessica on Heroes, I suppose. I am trying my best to keep her at bay, but occasionally, I do let her out...so she doesn't tear me up inside.

The other I acquired last year I believe, while dealing with the PsychoRev. Her name is Nisi. Nisi is very devillish and um...well.....she's the vixen. That's about as politely as I can say it, without being crass. (think '304' on your nearest calculator) Nisi did some pretty scandalous things last year, even for my standards. But, all experiences have made me wiser and stronger, and I can finally say I am grateful for them. I was hoping to keep Nisi satiated with a trusted friend of mine but apparently I missed my window of opportunity. (A girl can still hope though....) There are always other options, and believe me, I know Nisi will find them!

Where did the names come from? My middle name is Tonise. You get it?

I promise I am not insane! Really! I don't speak about them in the third person or anything like that! I just know they are there and, like B and Sasha, they help me get through some of the rough patches.

Do you have an alter-ego? It's okay, you can tell me, it'll just be between us!

No comments: