July 25, 2007

Pink Eye

The little girl has pink eye. Yep, my sister called me to let me the daycare called her. I didn't suspect a thing, because I saw no evidence this morning. Trust me...I am a pink eye queen! With four kids? Puh-leeze!!

Anyway this was right at 320p. Yes, that's right. 10 minutes before what time I should have been getting off work, had it not been for that "bee-otch" of a manager I have. Turns out, on our new schedules we get printed weekly with our pre-selected break and lunch times, it showed me working 930-6 on Thursday. Well, the guy that I switched with tells me yesterday that we need to switch starting today. I talked to the manager like 'Hey, too short notice. Other people have to plan around picking my kids up.'

Basically his response was 'Too bad, so sad. This is your regular shift and you will work it when we tell you to!"

So when I brought it to his attention that I needed to leave today, I made mention of that fact. Here I am now further extending my time in my department...thus further extending the late shift hours. So he allowed me to take LWOP (leave without pay), therefore not taking a hit on attendance. Then, the "bee-otch" sends a message thru the Kween saying "Don't ever say I haven't done anything for you". The nerve!!! But, whatever! I am so over that place!!

The Kween is off tomorrow so she is letting me work her 7a-330p shift. I totally dig the 330p part but the 7am part blows. I am too much of a night owl! I should be able to finish my book by then, so I can go on the the next one.

The big doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning. I hope to have some news by next week. This has been a good week though. The week after my cycle finally shuts off usually is. I actually feel normal for a little while.

We hung out at Leigh's house this evening, since she barbecued and also made sides for everyone to get plenty. Then we picked up Champagne's prescription before heading home for the evening about 9p. Boy did she cry bloody murder when the drops went in! But hopefully she'll be better soon.

I'm headed to bed...530a will be here before I know it.

No comments: