July 1, 2007

Friends You Can Depend On

I called my friend Cody because I needed my kids' beds put together, and noone else was able to help. Well, his car is still not running so I agreed to pick him up. He lives in St. Louis, and I'm in Belleville, but he did give me gas money. He didn't have to, since he was doing me a favor, so that was cool.

Well, by the time we got back to the house, all the kids were knocked out in the car. So that kind of defeated the purpose of the evening. I wanted him to put some stuff in the attic for me as well, but the entrance to the attic is in the girls' room, so we couldn't do that either.

So, we chilled for the evening, since this is only the 2nd time we'd seen each on person since about 10 years ago. We just caught up face-to-face on each other's lives. I told him about the ending to the sitch (situation) with The New Guy. He was telling me his latest baby momma issues. There is always something going on there! Well, he knows how to pick 'em is all I can say. But hell, who am I to talk? Look at the cream of the crop I ended up with?!

It's always good being around people that I can totally be myself with though. Like Robin Thicke says on his hit 'Lost Without U', they "love me and all my dirty". He just lets me be me. I don't feel judged or persecuted for the good or the bad things that I have ever done. Most of my friends are like family that way. Now they will keep me in check when need be. But as far as always feeling judged or like I'm on trial, that's a no.

So anyway, Cody and I got the boys' beds put up this morning and the girls' beds should be done by Tuesday. Eventually, I will get the other rooms straightened out. I had big plans to have it done this weekend but, after the stuff with the New Guy I just didn't have it in me.

The bright side to the ending of the relationship is that I won't have to deal with that up and down emotional roller coaster again. I am very proud of me for taking a stand for myself and my feelings.

Aren't you?

No comments: