February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

The good news: I actually have a valentine this year.

The bad news: He's in North Carolina! (Hey, he lives in Memphis. So it's not like I would have seen him anyway!)

We did talk to each other a few times today, and I sent him an e-card this evening. He should be headed back to Memphis tomorrow though.

Not much else to report, it's a day, you know?

This kids brought home loads of candy and crap. I just see all those pieces of paper that I have to contend with. Yeah, yeah...valentines. Whatever! It will be gone by the weekend. This place looks like it was hit by an F3 tornado, I'm trying to take away stuff not add to it!

That is my plan for the weekend. I want to get more boxes cleared away. It's sad to admit, I still have boxes untouched from when I moved here late June! I am trying to get back to the point where I keep a better house like I used to. But it's hard sometimes when it's just you and you have the weight of your world on your shoulders. I won't give up though, because I have the worst case scenario example in my mother's house and it ain't pretty! I pray she gets out of it...and I REFUSE to allow myself to get that bad!

No comments: