February 10, 2008

The Weekend in Review

Whew! Wow, it's amazing how quickly money can go!

I got my tax retrn deposited on Friday (Thank You Father!!!) I missed Thursday and Friday from work due to the 'love note' I received from daycare on Wednesday. I told them one of the kids was sick. I didn't really have a choice, you know? At least this way, I can be sure I can log sick time and get paid for it! Again...Welcome to Solo-Mommy's World! I do what I have to!

I was all freaking out this weekend, worried about Dante. The last time I talked to him, he was gonna call me back once he got home, and then I didn't hear from him until Sunday night. I knew he had to work, and I knew he was to be driving to NC for work next week. I sent him a Good Morning text Saturday morning and got no response - which is unusual. So later in the afternoon/evening, I called and left a voicemail since no answer. Nada - again, unusual. Called Sunday afternoon to say I was just checking on him, and by that time I had given up. I knew him well enough to know he would call, though not as soon as I wanted him to of course. So my mind was wandering all sorts of places. I actually woke up Sunday from a bad dream of my mom having driven all the way up here to tell me in person that she saw the news saying he had been killed in a car accident! (Remember, I knew he was to be driving to NC soon?) So, I prayed against such horrible thoughts...and the pendulum started swinging the other way.

"What if he is there, but just not answering you because he's with someone else this weekend?"

Yeah, I kicked the little devil off my shoulder for that one! That's just years of deceit and mistrust that I am still working through, because he has given me no reason to think such a thing or doubt what he tells me is truth.

Then when I was upstairs working on clothes in the girls' room, I missed his call on my cell downstairs. I even told him I was gonna whoop him for making me worry! And he's like "Duh, I told you I was working this weekend!" But I'm like, "Yeah, but I thought you meant going into the office on Saturday!" And he's like, "Um....no!" Sooooooo, then who's left with egg on her face for worrying and losing sleep for nothing???

(Solo-mommy sheepishly raises her hand)

In other news, Can't Get Right actually came through today! I went to a furniture store to pick up the dresser I bought for the girls, and a bunkie board for DJ's bunk bed (so he can finally sleep in it, poor thing). Well, the delivery people loaded it up, so on my way home I'm thinking who am I gonna get to help me get it in the house? On a whim, and it being Sunday and all, I dialed his number. Straight to voicemeail, and I'm not shocked. I called again about a minute later, and it rang, and ... (drum roll) ... He Answered!!! Yeah well, it shocked the hell out of me. I told him I needed him at the house for a few minutes cause I needed help taking a dresser for the girls upstairs to their room.

Surprisingly enough, he showed up in a timely fashion! Starr was happy to see him of course, as were Bruzer and Champagne. DJ went with his dad on Saturday and didn't get back til tonight. He took the dresser up by himself, and then took the bunkie board to the boys' room also. He stayed for a minute and talked, and I chastized him for not coming by to see Starr since well before her birthday in November. He made a comment about Memphis, and I warned him that he really doesn't want to go there. See there is thing about me that he knows, if you ask me a question I will assume you really want the answer. So, I'll give it to you, whether you like it or not! So, he took a detour from such a dangerous path, for the sake of getting his feelings (and perhaps his ego) hurt.

Then he was off to work. And I confirmed something during that visit. It's really over.

Usually when I see him, no matter what else in going on in my life or who I am with, there is this attraction I feel for him. I could always look at him, even on his worst days or when he was sick, and think he just the cutest thing ever. Not there...gone....nada. That felt really good. Sometimes you can be so over a person....until you see them. Then all the feelings rush back to the surface ( I have a LOT of experience in this area). Today was the proof, that it's gone baby gone!

WOOHOO! I'm FREE!! (solo-mommy dances a quick jig)

Saturday, I spent the day with Leigh and her girls. Went down to ESL and got more gray contacts, finally. My last pair did not survive the first weekend in Memphis! (I will let you think what you want on that one!) I went to Target and spent loads of money, but got things the kids and the household surely were overdue for. I went to Sam's and spent a bill on meat alone, but it will last well into spring. I went to Wal-Mart and spent a mint on more household stuff and grocery and undies for the kids. I bought a computer for an awesome price on ebay. So, I can be back to work soon at home!!!!! YAY!!!! I bought a digital camera/camcorder, and an mp3/mp4 player for me and an mp3 player for DJ. I am so ecstatic that the bills are caught up and will stay up from this point on, and I can finally get to work bringing a few extra hundred a month working nights and weekends from the comfort of my own home. One more thing I need to purchase to do that though? A damn portable heater, cause it is cold in here right now!!!!

On that note, I am going to soak in a warm bath (a rare luxury for me), and then head to bed!

No comments: