February 26, 2008

Soon-to-be Pet Owner

I am very excited about this new title! From someone who always had pets around growing up, and who truly LOVEs animals to this day...this is big news! This is a big commitment, but I am so up for it!

I drove out to St. Charles/St. Peters tonight to see "the girls". You know, the 2 cats I told you about the other day? Well, I was totally awed by them when I got there! There are so beautiful and they truly are sweet. The family was very nice and helpful in giving glimpses into their personalities, which are distinctly different from each other. The kids were definitely taken to them as well. Bruzer was really stalking Eclipse, she was the darker and smaller of the two. She was the runt of the litter, which we are partial to in my family! Isis was a bit more aloof (like Cheyenne) so it took her awhile to warm up. She also has another quality that helped her earn her name, her very royal air about her! By the end of the visit, she and Champagne had paired up quite nicely. Kindred spirits and all that.

I told them I would pick them up on Saturday morning. I didn't want to pick them up this evening, knowing we would get home in enough time to head to bed, then up and leave them home alone all the next day. Plus, I wanted the family to be able to say goodbye. After all, they have had them since they were kittens, 7 years ago. So that's only right.

Now, the neighborhood and the house they live in? Wow! That's what I am talking about! Theirs wasn't the most spacious on the block, but it was nice, and you could tell it had a lot of yard too! Gives me something to aspire to, that's for sure!

I am headed to bed early tonight. I am in the living room and the noise from this Smithsonian Rock Tumbler that DJ wanted (and got) for Christmas is driving me batty! This is the 2nd cycle. The first cycle was 2 days...and I didn't think I would survive. Imagine my shock and horror when I was told (and subsuquently verified myself) that the 2nd cycle would take 10-14 days!!!!! If there's anyone who thinks I am a little too self-centered to be a mom....here's your proof that it's really all about them! I don't know many who would let this go in their house for too long! But I know he is excited about it, and he is surely keeping up with it and cleaning up after himself too! That's enough to make me help when needed, and not fuss when the noise is making my ears bleed! It's not a real bad noise, just loud enough to be annoying!

I can't wait to get the girls here and settled! I will probably be a Petco a lot the rest of this week getting ready for their arrival! Gotta get kitty litter, their food, and kitty pan liners. Plus I need a really good brush for them to get that fur under control. I will most definitely post pictures once we're settled! That's right, I do have a digital camera again!

No comments: